Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spoiler copy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished installing the SUMK spoiler on my Model 3, and I’m very happy with it. It fit perfectly, and everything needed to do a good installation was included. I was a little hesitant due to the laughably bad English language description on Amazon (the included instructions are equally funny), but it was pretty easy to install.

I installed my SUMK spoiler yesterday and I am very happy as well. Mine fits super tight against the metal of the trunk. Everything was included to clean the metal and adhesive prep pads were included. Instructions were direct (with the said English issues) and good. After wiping away the adhesive promoter residue, and removing the tape (that they also included!) it feels and looks OEM for $209

Hello,
Here is again a new Performance Spoiler copy, this one is available in 4 different finishes :
- Carbon glossy
- Carbon mat
- Black mat
- Black glossy

I'm not the seller but i find that this carbon mat version is very interesting and i would like to replace my glossy one by this new carbon mat

US $69.81 25% OFF|Rear Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Rear Trunk Lip Carbon Fiber ABS Wing Spoiler Car Styling|Spoilers & Wings| - AliExpress

Capture d’écran 2020-07-06 à 14.34.29.png

• Love
Reactions: Noodles
Hello,
Here is again a new Performance Spoiler copy, this one is available in 4 different finishes :
- Carbon glossy
- Carbon mat
- Black mat
- Black glossy

I'm not the seller but i find that this carbon mat version is very interesting and i would like to replace my glossy one by this new carbon mat

US $69.81 25% OFF|Rear Trunk Spoiler For Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Rear Trunk Lip Carbon Fiber ABS Wing Spoiler Car Styling|Spoilers & Wings| - AliExpress

View attachment 561046

any idea of quality & fit?
I ordered one just for giggles!

Reactions: TomaGo
any idea of quality & fit?
I ordered one just for giggles!
I think that's just ABS plastic. It looks like a fake carbon style plastic. There are many different spoiler out there. ABS plastic Carbon style, real carbon wrap around ABS plastic, pure carbon fiber. Prices goes from low to high. I would recommond get the real carbon leather with plastic for best look and price.

I think that's just ABS plastic. It looks like a fake carbon style plastic. There are many different spoiler out there. ABS plastic Carbon style, real carbon wrap around ABS plastic, pure carbon fiber. Prices goes from low to high. I would recommond get the real carbon leather with plastic for best look and price.

“real carbon leather with plastic” is confusing me?

do you mean carbon fiber over plastic as is offered by ali in this link?

I can see the the smooth v rough in your pic,
which choice (from ali 4 choices) are you
suggesting is the better choice?
There are lots of good looking Spoiler.
I would go with this for OEM look. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y2TNT9F/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A8LFJGVYWS5U8&psc=1
(they are just rebrand chinese stuff. You may find it cheaper on ali and taobao)
and IKON. Good price with real carbon wrap
Fits 17-19 Tesla Model 3 IKON Style Trunk Spoiler - Real Carbon Fiber | eBay
(they locate at Industry, CA. local pick up)
RPM also offer lots of option.
Model 3 Carbon Fiber Blade Spoiler (From $229)
I heard people complain about their service and shipping speed.
If you have to go with Aliexpress.
I recommond buy with Luckeasy
US $108.0 |LUCKEASY High performance version carbon fiber trunk wing spoiler for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Resin trunk spoiler wing|Spoilers & Wings| - AliExpress

the 1st link is SMUK real carbon fiber OEM shape,
currently unavailable,I bought one months ago for $169
painted to body color, fit & look exactly OEM

the 2nd & 3rd are non starters due to non OEM look

the 4th is same same as ali linked by tomago....
abs w/carbon fiber wrap....

so I’m still confused as to if your saying this last choice
in addition to the tomago ali link are not good choices?

the 1st link is SMUK real carbon fiber OEM shape,
currently unavailable,I bought one months ago for $169
painted to body color, fit & look exactly OEM

the 2nd & 3rd are non starters due to non OEM look

the 4th is same same as ali linked by tomago....
abs w/carbon fiber wrap....

so I’m still confused as to if your saying this last choice
in addition to the tomago ali link are not good choices?
This is just ABS plastic with carbon pattern. You dont want your car look cheap right?

That looks awesome. Super original spoiler look and no carbon fiber - not a huge fan of the cf in general. The center black portion in the center of the spoiler matches your chrome delete very well. I’m ordering this one for my light silver metallic.

That is a totally different shape than the Tesla OEM spoiler. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but if you are looking for a clone of Tesla's (minus the carbon fiber) that's not it.

I bought one of those SUMK a few months ago, and I guess the seller at the time didn't have them? So I got sent something else, it was a top mount spoiler, didn't care for it, so I wanted to send it back. Company wanted ME to pay return shipping, um no, Amazon stepped in and refunded me the shipping $$$ ($80) plus a full refund. If you look back on reviews you'll see other people had the same thing happen to them.

I think some other seller prior and currently has the actual version with the kit, that's def not what I got. I may try ordering this again though if people have been pleased with it.

BB15CBD6-7FAA-4621-A387-AE7EE16DA051.jpeg 9AEE32DC-BEDC-41AB-BD98-117517F8ECEB.jpeg 9B88A3EC-C7C7-489C-8D92-9AA61B2132EE.jpeg 154145A7-014D-478E-A33C-C4A63BA3CBE5.jpeg A380EF90-DA50-4CEC-8DA0-0663204C392F.jpeg 5E6D79BD-98D2-4175-A02B-4E74EBB62A12.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: cypho
guys, no one here is in LeMans. There is no benefit in us paying 80% more for a product that weights 6 grams less.

Buy the one that fits your taste or matches the looks of the car.
There is not "which is the best one" everyone taste is different.
IMO, Carbon Fiber is tacky.
Dude, you used to own a Prius Prime, anything you say we should take with a grain of salt. Especially anything about choice of taste.