Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 spotted driving in Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That photo is of Pitt St, and it’s the Martin Place store demo model. LHD, no plates. Highly likely that was an illegal drive! But quite possibly the first recorded drive on Australia roads of a Tesla Model 3!

That photo is of Pitt St, and it’s the Martin Place store demo model. LHD, no plates. Highly likely that was an illegal drive! But quite possibly the first recorded drive on Australia roads of a Tesla Model 3!
You can see a Tesla employee in the foreground walking with the car, this was likely them moving it from the underground carpark behind the store up into the storefront via Martin place. It was downstairs with a cover on it for a few days before it went on display.

I was at the store in Sydney on Sunday. They said there were only 3 Model 3's in all of Australia, and they were all left hand drive.
2018-09-09 15.08.27.jpg

I was at the store in Sydney on Sunday. They said there were only 3 Model 3's in all of Australia, and they were all left hand drive.
Um, yes, but I think we knew that. Sydney (Martin Place), Melbourne (Chadstone) and Brisbane (Fortitude Valley)

I’ve been to the Martin Place store 3 times to check it out. I can hardly wait to get mine. I thought the interior was a bit narrower than I expected. The Model 3 is wider than a Toyota Camry by 50 mm but the interior feels narrower. When you look at the Model 3 from the rear, the cabin is noticeably narrower than the lower part of the body. It looks a little odd, actually, why not make the cabin as wide as the rest of the body?

• Informative
Reactions: baillies
Um, yes, but I think we knew that. Sydney (Martin Place), Melbourne (Chadstone) and Brisbane (Fortitude Valley)

I’ve been to the Martin Place store 3 times to check it out. I can hardly wait to get mine. I thought the interior was a bit narrower than I expected. The Model 3 is wider than a Toyota Camry by 50 mm but the interior feels narrower. When you look at the Model 3 from the rear, the cabin is noticeably narrower than the lower part of the body. It looks a little odd, actually, why not make the cabin as wide as the rest of the body?
The Model 3 has much more front passenger room than the S. Seems to be more driver's room as well.
I drove a good few hundred miles in one today and passengered a few hundred as well.

Reactions: baillies and ARMARM
  • Informative
Reactions: Tension