Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sydney (Forest Lodge), NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Quickst

Nov 20, 2021
Sydney
Supercharger - City of Sydney Tramsheds
(Tramsheds shopping centre car park - 2hr free parking)
Installation commenced

4xV3 apparently
Looks like it's taking over the existing HPWC site.

Will take some pressure off Broadway 2.5km away.
Broadway today:
IMG_1792.jpeg

Last edited:
I reckon they should keep the previous AC chargers,
Agree, but would need an expansion of EV parking bays. It's not a big parking area so can understand management does not want to increased EV charging bays, but instead increase charging rate.

A typical SC charging session (splash and dash) does not fit in well with a place where the dwell time at the shops/food court is likely a bit longer but may fit a customer charging from low to 100%

Maybe management wants to increase foot traffic rate by increasing charging rate.

Last edited:
Not the ideal spot for a supercharger if you are actually dining though. On a weekend morning you'll still be waiting for a table when idle fees kick in.

Swapping AC chargers for Superchargers might result in less foot traffic from those using the EV bays.

Ideally it would be something like 4 superchargers and 8 paid AC chargers.. but agree management might not want to dedicate that many bays, it's a small and busy carpark, and based on Plugshare comments the existing two AC bays get ICEd regularly.

Last edited:
Spotted by Plugshare user Elon Musk, and noted here by @Quickst

4 Tesla Superchargers coming to Tramsheds at Forest Lodge/ Harold Park in inner West Sydney.

At this point looks like they will be replacing the two Tesla wall chargers/ dual Type 2 EVSE, which at least according to Plugshare get ICEd regularly.

Will peeve some non-Tesla drivers if not open access.

Note that the entire carpark is pretty small - only 144 spaces.

(Will ask mods to merge posts from the Supercharger thread)

Last edited:
it's a small and busy carpark, and based on Plugshare comments the existing two AC bays get ICEd regularly.

Yep. That carpark is a zoo on weekends and evenings. I’ve only been able to plug in there once over many years, ICE drivers don’t care about the signs.

I think this is a poor location for Superchargers. It might be OK for people visiting the supermarket, but not any of the restaurants.

Reactions: gazpachopolice
Yep. That carpark is a zoo on weekends and evenings. I’ve only been able to plug in there once over many years, ICE drivers don’t care about the signs.

I think this is a poor location for Superchargers. It might be OK for people visiting the supermarket, but not any of the restaurants.
I'd suggest the only option is for everyone who experiences being ICED there to complain loudly and often. To the "zoo" management. To the local council. To Tesla. Be the squeaky wheel.

Reactions: Jules22
Mixed thoughts about this one: the Tramsheds car park gets packed, particularly on weekends. And looking at the photos, the SCs will be inside the building which is extra small, cramped and tempting to people pushing trolleys full of groceries, not in the outside parking lot.

Broadway Supercharger, and this taking the pressure off that location, I don't understand why they couldn't take the 4 extra, empty bays
They may have used up all the spare electrical capacity with the first roll-out.l, and getting more power can be $$s.

I am surprised they haven't added more wall chargers at Brosdway, even if paid.

Per the Tramsheds website.

Tramsheds’ EV chargers are undergoing a super upgrade. Our EV stations will not be available from now until December.
We apologise for the inconvenience, but you are going to love what’s on the horizon…

Stay tuned as we work to bring you a new and faster charging experience.

Will be interesting to see whether those who used to get a free charge, particularly if non-Teslas are so enamoured.

(Along with a stock picture of a Tesla with a NACS connection)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and dronus