Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Fabian, thanks for sharing. With the ETA, does it matter for you to get the finance approved now or later closer to delivery date?
I can confirm that it is easily doable with the 60kwh battery. Last week I did Syd - Wollongong - Canberra without needting to charge. 4 hours driving, 336kms, 51kwh consumed, 153Wh/km. The car was fully loaded with 4 adults plus luggage, always at the speed limit, and I consumed 5% just coming back up the Bulli Pass.
I arrived in Canberra with 10%.
thanks for sharing your experience. That sounds very promising.

380km would be brilliant. Would bring me all the way with 100km spare.
I was lucky to collect my M3 LR just before Xmas. Am still learning the operation. I have had 2 software updates so far. We did a trip recently down Victorian coast and completed over 300km and the battery remaining was 52% The LR is just perfect for me. the consumed energy is really dependent on how you drive. Yesterday I completed a local trip in traffic up Maroonda Highway to Officeworks and averaged on the 7km trip 82wh/km. On average I see around 140 to 157wh/km and that is highway speed as well as some stops for traffic lights. I love Autopilot and the many auto functions that the M3 has. Will never look back. Have completed 1200km so far and charged from my Off Grid solar system , so energy cost so far is zero.

Today when I checked my M3 order(booked on 23/11/21) the delivery ETA had been shoved to 14-20 weeks 😭was expecting atleast to get it by Late Feb but looks like it’s going to be more 🤦‍♂️anyone else in similar situation?

Today when I checked my M3 order(booked on 23/11/21) the delivery ETA had been shoved to 14-20 weeks 😭was expecting atleast to get it by Late Feb but looks like it’s going to be more 🤦‍♂️anyone else in similar situation?
I was always under the impression that the delivery time (in my case 8-12 weeks [ordered on 17 December 2021]) would stand if you put in the order. It changes on the website for all new orders.

As a matter of fact, nowhere in my account, app, or order confirmation document a date or ETA is indicated. I am still waiting for the invoice to be issued.

I was always under the impression that the delivery time (in my case 8-12 weeks [ordered on 17 December 2021]) would stand if you put in the order. It changes on the website for all new orders.

As a matter of fact, nowhere in my account, app, or order confirmation document a date or ETA is indicated. I am still waiting for the invoice to be issued.
I’m waiting for the invoice too but afaik invoice is generated automatically once you are assigned a VIN. This has nothing to do with expected Delivery dates as in my case it was showing 8-12 weeks on my account for some weeks after booking, then it was removed for almost all of Dec and now it is back showing 14-20 weeks!

Attachments

• 60306F18-7390-41EF-B6D2-AF451A8A1DB3.jpeg
    60306F18-7390-41EF-B6D2-AF451A8A1DB3.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 120
I’m waiting for the invoice too but afaik invoice is generated automatically once you are assigned a VIN. This has nothing to do with expected Delivery dates as in my case it was showing 8-12 weeks on my account for some weeks after booking, then it was removed for almost all of Dec and now it is back showing 14-20 weeks!
Very interesting. I’ve ordered my White M3 RWD on 12/12/21 and theres no ETA showing. I emailed my Tesla rep and she told me that ETA is still 8-12 weeks and that I should expect delivery between Feb-March

Reactions: sas076
Spoke to my tesla guy about this who said if it stated 8-12 wk in order, that’s what it will be. The 14-20 was an automatic update that went out and I was told that if I see that, to ignore it

Reactions: sas076 and Fablev04
Same for me. No eta on the app and similar info given to me by Tesla.
I remember going thru all this waiting about a month ago and now that I have my M3 LR in Red I feel for you guys. Let me tell you the love affair is still strong, this car is so different in so many ways, it made my late model commodore feel like a clunker in comparison. I keep asking my wife there must be something she needs from Woolies, even a box of matches, anything and I will go and get it. Luckily we had some rain in Melbourne so my water tanks are ready for me to continue the car wash schedule going.

The wait is worth it. The vehicle wont disappoint.

I will post an update here once I have received the Car and, of course, after my first trip to Sydney.

I am aware that the 491 KM are not real-world usage. Similarly, the petrol usage in my current car was also consistently higher than the declared usage. I was hoping that the WLTP rage would be slightly more accurate and 290km Distance would be roughly 60% of the claimed range... but I agree that I don't want to arrive with a 2% battery left at arrival. A stop in Goulbourn on the way back is ok. After all, it cuts travel costs significantly compared to a standard petrol car.

I have test driven the M3 SR+ 2021 model, and I am confident that I will not look back to my old car. However, I will miss the ambient light in my current car and the adaptive headlights. Fingers crossed that the Matrix LED will be software upgraded to that functionality at some point, and the installed footwell and door-pocket lights will be enabled for ambient light.
Hello to Everyone,

After years of loyal BMW 3 series ownership from my first car until now, I decided to purchase my Tesla Model 3 RWD in December. I placed the order on 17 December 2021; the delivery times were 8-12 Weeks then. That would bring up the delivery date between 11 February 2022 and 11 March 2022.

Initially, I was hesitant to take that step away from my beloved Bavarian Carmaker to Tesla. Still, I am excited to try out something new and believe that in terms of Efficiency and charging convenience Tesla is second to none at the moment.

I hope the delivery times are more or less accurate, and I will get my Model 3 before the end of Q1.

I chose the RWD because of the LFP Battery, as I can charge for free at work and home, so I believe the ability to charge to 100% all the time is precious. I hope with the 491 range, the car can make a trip to Sydney CBD from Canberra CBD on one full charge (ca 290km), as this is a standard trip for me.

Thanks
Fabian
Congratulations on the purchase, I have own the car for about 3 weeks+ coming to 1 month. Very happy. Real world range is about 439km-441km which the computer calculate and pretty Accurate. I have driven about 400km on a road trip and back home with about 15% battery left. Took awhile to charge it back up at home, I only charge the car when the solar is powerful enough. Or the shopping Centres destination charger is very useful too.

The SR+ can even smoked a Bimmer Modded M3... Which is like $180k new... red lights to 80km.. it went 100km pretty quickly... Scared of coppers

Stated time 5.6s to 100km... I still have the X3 30d wifey using.. 5.5s to 100km...
But.. the tesla always seems faster and effortless once you slam the right foot..

No more to gas stations! Hopefully yours comes with the new AMD chip for the infotainment MCU.. mine is new battery range old motor.. old MCU Intel atom... Can be slow at times especially loading YouTube

Congratulations on the purchase, I have own the car for about 3 weeks+ coming to 1 month. Very happy. Real world range is about 439km-441km which the computer calculate and pretty Accurate. I have driven about 400km on a road trip and back home with about 15% battery left. Took awhile to charge it back up at home, I only charge the car when the solar is powerful enough. Or the shopping Centres destination charger is very useful too.

The SR+ can even smoked a Bimmer Modded M3... Which is like $180k new... red lights to 80km.. it went 100km pretty quickly... Scared of coppers

Stated time 5.6s to 100km... I still have the X3 30d wifey using.. 5.5s to 100km...
But.. the tesla always seems faster and effortless once you slam the right foot..

No more to gas stations! Hopefully yours comes with the new AMD chip for the infotainment MCU.. mine is new battery range old motor.. old MCU Intel atom... Can be slow at times especially loading YouTube
Thanks for the input here, comparing it with the X3 is useful.

The new model could be 0-100 in 6+ seconds. But that will make no everyday driving difference. At the moment it seems like it's a bit of a lottery. Since people with orders from pre-December are also still waiting on there I guess there will be a mix of old and new motors arriving with the next shipment, with sporadically spreader AMD chips amongst the slower models.

It is interesting to see that the new (slower) motor is likely to be the 239KW motor. In Germany, manufacturers need to disclose the Information and since the German and Australian M3 both come from China, there is a good chance that the information is true for Australia as well.

As for the AMD chip, I hope that there will be a possibility to upgrade this with Tesla later.

What currently really bothers me is the lack of ambient lighting in the Model 3, It's hard to understand that there will be heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel but the footwell and door pocket lights are disabled :-/

Attachments

• 75DE1247-CEEE-4520-9373-A038A5AC50BB.png
    75DE1247-CEEE-4520-9373-A038A5AC50BB.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thanks for the input here, comparing it with the X3 is useful.

The new model could be 0-100 in 6+ seconds. But that will make no everyday driving difference. At the moment it seems like it's a bit of a lottery. Since people with orders from pre-December are also still waiting on there I guess there will be a mix of old and new motors arriving with the next shipment, with sporadically spreader AMD chips amongst the slower models.

It is interesting to see that the new (slower) motor is likely to be the 239KW motor. In Germany, manufacturers need to disclose the Information and since the German and Australian M3 both come from China, there is a good chance that the information is true for Australia as well.

As for the AMD chip, I hope that there will be a possibility to upgrade this with Tesla later.

What currently really bothers me is the lack of ambient lighting in the Model 3, It's hard to understand that there will be heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel but the footwell and door pocket lights are disabled :-/
I received my M3 LR just before xmas. It has the old MCU Intel atom MCU. Looking at the GPS map update rate / screen refresh rate it is very fast. I understand the Youtube update rate is more an issue with the mobile network available network speed. In the future 5G may fix this. The dual motor LR is the fastest car I have ever owned. And its completely noiseless. I pulled up to a guy at supercheap in the car park he was doing something in his boot and he was surprised when I closed the drivers door. I'm an older dude, Quite is nice. Getting to like the updated software, it's now App based, but it still needs more refinement. So far have had 2 updates. Now at 2021.44.30

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
I received my M3 LR just before xmas. It has the old MCU Intel atom MCU. Looking at the GPS map update rate / screen refresh rate it is very fast. I understand the Youtube update rate is more an issue with the mobile network available network speed. In the future 5G may fix this. The dual motor LR is the fastest car I have ever owned. And its completely noiseless. I pulled up to a guy at supercheap in the car park he was doing something in his boot and he was surprised when I closed the drivers door. I'm an older dude, Quite is nice. Getting to like the updated software, it's now App based, but it still needs more refinement. So far have had 2 updates. Now at 2021.44.30
Oh Henny congratulations! I think easily the best Christmas present 🎁 ever! I still find the road noise is a bit too much... Probably because is good performance sticky tyres... Hoped it wear out quickly and I will change to Pirelli dragon sport or P zeros.