Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn’t find a thread on this. How accurate is the delivery window for Australia /Vic deliveries of SR+ M3. I ordered mine this week said 2-5 weeks during ordering and on the account shows Nov 25-Dec 10 window.

You might be okay. I was unlucky enough to order mine between build cycles. The site said 1-4 weeks, then 1-3, then 2-5, and I’m still waiting 8 weeks later. The delivery estimate is jumping between best case 1 week to 3 weeks from now putting it at 9-11 weeks. So for me it was utterly terrible. But oh well.

Hello all, first time posting on this forum.

I ordered my SR+ on 10th October, and it's been showing my delivery window as the 19th November at the earliest up until today. Today I jumped back in to check and it's now showing as the 11th November as the earliest which I'll be very happy with.

As a comparison I ordered I RAV4 Cruiser hybrid back in May 2020, a 5 month wait promised by Australia's largest Toyota dealer. 6 months later the Toyota website still doesn't even have me down with a build slot, no VIN, and they're congratulating me for waiting for the 2022 model they've got lined up for me.

Reactions: OzVic
Hi all, I recently ordered a Model 3 from the inventory which was 'in transit'. I was given an anticipated delivery date (via email) of late November and to wait for the final invoice for confirmation.

Well I received the final invoice last Friday which includes a VIN and compliance date (last week) but no estimated delivery date. Even in the account there is no EDD for some reason.

Any idea what is going on? Sales advisor hasn't responded.

Thanks in advance. (Super excited and possibly impatient)

Hi all, I recently ordered a Model 3 from the inventory which was 'in transit'. I was given an anticipated delivery date (via email) of late November and to wait for the final invoice for confirmation.

Well I received the final invoice last Friday which includes a VIN and compliance date (last week) but no estimated delivery date. Even in the account there is no EDD for some reason.

Be careful. There were some reports of spoofed emails from Tesla and people lost their money.

Last edited:
So I assume the new Model 3 SR+ will be slower, like the USA are now showing on their website. 0-60mph went from 5.2 to 5.8s Design Your Model 3 | Tesla
I assume the Australian models will be updated soon with similar increase
Interesting article yesterday showing the MiC is a little quicker on initial ramp speeds, noting this isnt discussing the 62kwh pack - Teslas made in China versus the USA: What’s the difference? The ultimate Model 3 SR+ comparison test - EV Central

I would say Tesla's estimates are conservative again given most of their cars always perform better than the website estimates.

It took about a week for my EDD to show up. My Sales advisor never responds to my emails or voicemails. So on both counts it's best to be patient.

I placed my order late June 2021 and was asked for payment on the 4th August, received an email saying that my delivery would happen within 3 days (72 hours) and 8 days later they confirmed a pick-up date which was in another 8 days later. 16 days after they received full payment, but in the meantime Auckland went into level 4 lockdown and all deliveries were put on hold. I asked for my money back which took another two weeks.

Probably just suggest that most of the October production is now sold out.
Unless you select one of the 4 variants in transit, you are probably waiting until January production.

And I'd be banking on more 13-15wks given we are still to see an October production delivery