Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ option question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that M3 SR+ will not include hardware such as a better sound system, fog lights, floor mat, etc but is there any difference between software compared to the long-range model?

Does the SR+ model also have the capability for Caraoke, Netflix, Live Traffic info, etc?

Right? all I need to do is pay for the $10 connectivity subscription.
You get the same updates except for things you may not have like FSD etc, you do have connectivity for one year. I got fog lights on my SR+ back on March 2019, but do not have the Version 3 computer, you probably have Version 3. I have version 2.5 and can not Subscribe to FSD, my upgrade to Version 3 will cost me $1600.00 not worth the upgrade to me due to its 230 mile range.

I can subscribe to FSD on my Model Y, it’s what I take on Long trips anyways.

Fred

Reactions: Aurorae
I understand that M3 SR+ will not include hardware such as a better sound system, fog lights, floor mat, etc but is there any difference between software compared to the long-range model?

Does the SR+ model also have the capability for Caraoke, Netflix, Live Traffic info, etc?
Same software updates. You can also pay for the heated rear seats if you want that option. Rumor has it if you have a 2021 you will be able to purchase the heated steering wheel as well.

As for premium connectivity you get 30 days free with the car. The Long Range gets a year free. Both cars the subscription is $10 a month after the free trial time.

Same software updates. You can also pay for the heated rear seats if you want that option. Rumor has it if you have a 2021 you will be able to purchase the heated steering wheel as well.

As for premium connectivity you get 30 days free with the car. The Long Range gets a year free. Both cars the subscription is $10 a month after the free trial time.
I have a 2021 SR+ and I hope they will allow us to purchase the heated steering wheel in the future.

Same here, 2021 SR+. You can buy your own car mats, in fact most recommend getting after market ones.

You can also get aftermarket kits to unlock the speakers that exist in the SR+. I have all the speakers working and have added a sub, all for about $500.

Like everyone says, the software is exactly the same. You can also hotspot the car to your phone to enable a lot of the features that you pay $12.99 for...

Enjoy