Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 System Volume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyway to adjust the system volume?

I find it really loud. Much louder than the S.

And music does not duck behind it (except for the emergency sound).

In fact, I disabled the collision warning because the sound itself is so loud it terrifies me and the passengers. Safer without it.

I feel like slipping a tech a $50 and seeing if he can tinker with it.

thanks

In fact, I disabled the collision warning because the sound itself is so loud it terrifies me and the passengers. Safer without it.

I feel the same way. Collision warning would go off with cars parked on right side of the street and it would scare my wife every time. Not to mention wake up my kid who might have been having a good car nap. I disabled the collision warning simply due to how loud it was but if I could adjust the volume to a lower level I would be happy to keep it on.

In fact I think the volume would be fine if it didn’t throw so many false alarms. Roads that curve to the right with cars parked on the right side set it off every time.

This would be a nice option to have. The first time I heard the collision warning I mistook it for an incoming call due to the volume and tone (and lack of an imminent collision). I totally agree about the parking chimes being too loud because they only sound at low speeds with little road noise. I hear way too many chimes and beeps every time I pull in and out of the garage with a good 1ft of clearance on all sides, and they continue all the way down the driveway due to shrubs planted alongside.

My "problem" (annoyance) is this...

If I am listening to loud music, when a system alert "chimes", the music ducks down (which is good), but the music comes back to the loud volume that I had set much too quickly. In other words, I want the music to "ramp" (or fade) back in over about 1/2 sec, as opposed to just blasting back directly. (feature request)

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
Glad to hear others agree.

I drove an S and when the collision warning sounded (same three beeps), it was about half the volume. It was totally noticeable however, and felt more "for the driver" and not the entire car. I was able to respond much calmer to it, like a nice chime.

I can't understand why the Model 3 has such loud sounds. I wish I could petition Tesla to lower them or add a level control.

I also agree about the ultrasonic chimes. Super loud for what it is. I am hoping a tech can make a setting tweak in the OS.

Agree about the overly-high volume, way over 85db. Very important that Tesla do something about this, as it is dangerous to hearing, a health & safety issue. I had the emergency steering correction -- complete with screetching sound -- engage (on an empty highway while I was fiddling with a seat adjustment) and sustained real hearing damage (24-hr inner-right-ear pain and headache). I work with voice on air, so know what I'm talking about here.

I don't get it, I find the tones in the car too low. The blinker volume is too low, I never get false alarms with the collision warning but when it does go off, it's at a good volume. The whole point of a collision WARNING is to get your attention in case you are not paying attention or falling asleep.

Maybe it's because I always have music on in the car.