Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 totaled in hit and run? I can't tell... [PHOTOS]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this to Reddit as well - it’s kind of crazy what happened, and pretty much my worst fear come true. SFPD told me that a truck was stolen down the street from where I was staying overnight - and the truck had one of those anti-theft bars on the steering wheel. The idiot tried to drive it anyway, and smashed my car. The truck that hit me belongs to a neighbor down the street, but the thief who smashed into my Tesla Model 3 (only 4 months old!) had fled.

Does this look totaled??? I got it towed to a Tesla-certified body shop and they're going to look at it more closely, but I'm really worried it's going to be a total loss. I don't have gap coverage and I sunk at least 3k worth of aftermarket stuff into this baby.

QklIqym.jpg

DGcTKUg.jpg

Oh man. That’s painful to look at especially considering the circumstances over how it happened. Doesn’t look totaled to me just looking at pictures but I’m sure the appraiser will do a detailed estimate of the repairs needed. Sometimes the things that aren’t clearly visible end up costing a lot more. At least the idiot didn’t run over any people. Good luck.

Cannot tell for sure from the photos, but it does not appear that the frame was damaged. It appears that just the body panels were torn off. If that's the case, it definitely would not be totaled and would be very repairable. Of course it looks bad (especially as it was your baby) but hopefully it's repairable.