Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suddenly the delivery from August-September is changed November-December.. thats so disappointing, from May it kept on changing till November-December
When did you order and what was the EDD at the time of order? Mine was ordered Jan 2nd week with May EDD and still showing as Aug-Oct but you never know....

Hopefully, I will have the car earlier as the orders just before mine is getting fulfilled. We have had 2 Tesla shipments to Jebel Ali within the last week. So they have started!

Last edited:
Hey guys just a quick update,

A couple of days ago I got an EDD of June 8 - 22. Before that there was no EDD. A few hours ago i received a message from tesla "Greetings from Tesla, Congratulations ! A vehicle is assigned to your order" then continue on explain that a representative is going yo get in touch soon to finalise loan etc.. I still do not have a VIN as of yet but expecting one soon based on the sms received.

I'll keep you guys posted,
Hey @mobbin92 , wondering if you had any update.

Hey, Im still waiting for delivery, already arranged the loan with the Bank etc. RTA registration is yet to be done, i'm expecting some progress this coming week hopefully! any news with you or still "may 2022" ?
Great, you are almost there. Heard that they have a lot of whites ready to be delivered. Mine jumped from May 22 to Aug-Sep as they don't have any clue 🙄

When did you order and what was the EDD at the time of order? Mine was ordered Jan 2nd week with May EDD and still showing as Aug-Oct but you never know....

Hopefully, I will have the car earlier as the orders just before mine is getting fulfilled. We have had 2 Tesla shipments to Jebel Ali within the last week. So they have started!
I ordered on the 1st of March.. the EDD was on November when I chose bank finance then i changed to cash payment so it changed to May. If i order a Model Y today it will reach earlier earlier..

I ordered on the 1st of March.. the EDD was on November when I chose bank finance then i changed to cash payment so it changed to May. If i order a Model Y today it will reach earlier earlier..
Interesting that the EDD advanced by 6 months by changing the payment type and slotted for Q2 before the Shanghai Covid drama. You maybe be on a high priority for a reassignment for cancellation. Chances are higher if you ordered a M3P or MY, white or black as they have received quite a lot of those colours from the 2 shipments that came in the last week's.

Still optimistic that majority with May 2022 EDD will get some news within this week that Tesla can maximise their Q2 sales. It is highly likely that the VIN's were assigned after the ships crossed Singapore and we have 2-3 suspects for this week heading there from today. Plus, re-allocations from cancellations. Fingers crossed.

Things have started moving quite quickly all of a sudden for my m3p. Could get it as soon as next week it seems. Mad rush from Tesla for me to get my paperwork together after the long silence. Not the best customer experience I've had by a long way but at least things are finally moving forward.

Reactions: mars101
Things have started moving quite quickly all of a sudden for my m3p. Could get it as soon as next week it seems. Mad rush from Tesla for me to get my paperwork together after the long silence. Not the best customer experience I've had by a long way but at least things are finally moving forward.
Good news! Congrats. Maybe a cancellation plus M3P's were prioritised and have heard that they had quite a lot of white and blacks at JA. The rush is so that they can make it a June sale. They want every car out of the centre. I was offered replacement options but, stuck on to my LR configurations so waiting. Post June, they will go into hibernation again 🙄

Hi all. Two weeks in and I am loving the car. Concentrated on the positives and did not look at trying to find out negatives.
The problem is the AC consumption. I do not know if this is the right forum, but not many places have the temperatures we have. I am getting around 4km/1% battery, so around 200Wk/km.
You can clearly see a spike in the first kilometers which are related to the AC, as the consumption spikes to over 600Wh/km...

Mars101, hope you get your car soon...

Hi all. Two weeks in and I am loving the car. Concentrated on the positives and did not look at trying to find out negatives.
The problem is the AC consumption. I do not know if this is the right forum, but not many places have the temperatures we have. I am getting around 4km/1% battery, so around 200Wk/km.
You can clearly see a spike in the first kilometers which are related to the AC, as the consumption spikes to over 600Wh/km...

Mars101, hope you get your car soon...
Glad you are enjoying the car but, that is quite a drain on the battery and summer is only starting! To be fair, my ICE is also a lot more petrol hungry now when the a/c is on full blast. Did you get the windows and roof tinted?
Was offered other options but, decided to stick to my original configurations. So, the wait and ship-spotting continues.. Thanks!

Nice. I miss the ship-spotting days :D.
I have not tinted the roof as it already comes tinted. I am thinking of doing the windows, but more for privacy as the car does not really spend much time outside as both work and home parking are underground.
Keep us posted in the delivery date...

2 ships coming from berlin or shanghai? Any idea? I used to have an edd of july but recently it disappeared with no edd whatsoever, according to tesla dubai they said you are next but they dont know when they will receive the shipment

Glad you are enjoying the car but, that is quite a drain on the battery and summer is only starting! To be fair, my ICE is also a lot more petrol hungry now when the a/c is on full blast. Did you get the windows and roof tinted?
Was offered other options but, decided to stick to my original configurations. So, the wait and ship-spotting continues.. Thanks!
Hi @mars101 and @pedroreisneto@

Just want to give my experience on the a/c and heat management topic.

The glass roof on my m3p (delivered last week) is factory tinted and does a good job at insulating. I didn't specify this, I was told it's standard for GCC.

Additionally I got aftermarket clear fully transparent tint with UV and Infrared protection on the side windows. But even without it was not that hot. This was more about protecting the interior for me.

I keep the car in a covered parking at home and work. The interior gets to around 40-42 degrees when parked. I do use the cabin preconditioning that way the bulk of the cooling is done while the car is plugged in so it doesn't affect my range. At work I don't plug it in so I take a small hit but honestly it's not noticeable in my experience.

I'm getting around 240Wh/km right now, and I am driving very spiritedly (still enjoying that addictive acceleration). My a/c is always set to 23 and auto and the cabin is perfectly comfortable. Just wish they had vented / cooled seats, I miss that.

This was a main point of concern for me before I got the car, but to honest I'm totally happy with the ac performance so far.

Last edited: