Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just to add my example for reference. I ordered a model 3 performance white/white in early February. Delivery date has always stated May 2022. I got a call from Tesla about 4 weeks ago confirming my specifications and informing me that delivery will be last week May / first week June. So far no VIN assigned. I'm dubious.

Side note I'm having an awful experience trying to contact my advisor by email. Several mails simply not answered (ignored?). Hope this is not a sign of my customer experience to come.

The complete order to delivery process is a blackhole and very difficult to get anything from the Tesla TA's. Have similar issues where they disappear for weeks and come back with same response that the delivery date is in May and we will come back when we have more information or VIN assigned. Still have not mentioned that there will be a delay which is a relief. On the contrary, have heard that the service is ok but with these supply chain issues any part replacement could take time.

After ordering in early Jan, I didn't have any update on the APP/website till late April following which is was a May to June window which is now May 2022. Waiting to see what happens when May runs out.

What we know is that a ship (maybe 2) is headed to Dubai with cars and the preference is for MY's & M3P's. VIN assigned have been based on these and ordered in Dec '21 with EDD between June 2nd to last week. Some VIN's will be assigned after unloading. Anyways, you have a better chance having ordered the performance model as you can also see from the order page where the delivery date is shorter for these. Also if Tesla wants to salvage some of Q2 sales, they need to complete the sale with delivery and Dubai is a good place to do this. So, we may get lucky.

All assumptions above ;)

Hey guys just a quick update,

A couple of days ago I got an EDD of June 8 - 22. Before that there was no EDD. A few hours ago i received a message from tesla "Greetings from Tesla, Congratulations ! A vehicle is assigned to your order" then continue on explain that a representative is going yo get in touch soon to finalise loan etc.. I still do not have a VIN as of yet but expecting one soon based on the sms received.

I'll keep you guys posted,

Reactions: mars101
What we know is that a ship (maybe 2) is headed to Dubai with cars and the preference is for MY's & M3P's. VIN assigned have been based on these and ordered in Dec '21 with EDD between June 2nd to last week. Some VIN's will be assigned after unloading.
Thanks for this context, I didn't know that. It's reassuring. Keeping my fingers crossed.

More good news is that the delivery confirmations are now received for order placed in first week of Jan for LR models as well. Making good progress and our orders will follow :)
Well it's officially June now and still no word from my sales advisor. Meanwhile my account still says delivery in May 2022. I can forgive delays, but I don't find the radio silence reassuring at all.

TA's are pointless and they don't have an update to give more than we see on the app/portal. My original EDD was May 2022 and it has defaulted to that. Still no firm news on when this will change for us but, the lucky ones who had ordered till very early January are getting theirs in a week or so. Guess, next is our chance:)

Now that it’s June, the Shanghai lockdown has finished and the beginning of the quarter when Tesla will traditionally start building cars for overseas and distant markets, it’s likely that they are revising future production plans. This might be what has triggered the change in EDD for many waiting orders.

Big change though. In Q1, the deliveries started in the first month itself and here it is pushed to 2nd week in month too. Noticed that150 days were added from the order date and another 45 day window. Hoping that this is just an algorithm placeholder.

Meanwhile, seems lockdowns are coming back to Shanghai so we don't really know what is going to happen next.

Now, for the lucky ones, their cars should be unloaded in a day or two and ready.

Hi all. Will get my M3P after having ordered it in Dec 2021.
The delivery will be on Saturday at 6pm at my address (there are not many collection slots), so almost there.
By the way, do we know if we will get the 2022 updates with the car, like the Lithium 16v battery as well as the AMD Ryzen processor?

Hi all. Will get my M3P after having ordered it in Dec 2021.
The delivery will be on Saturday at 6pm at my address (there are not many collection slots), so almost there.
By the way, do we know if we will get the 2022 updates with the car, like the Lithium 16v battery as well as the AMD Ryzen processor?
The switch to AMD Ryzen happened a few months ago, so unless affected by supply shortages you will almost certainly get this new chip. Less sure about the Lithium ion accessory battery, but you can likely upgrade from lead acid in a few years at the batteries end of life.

The switch to AMD Ryzen happened a few months ago, so unless affected by supply shortages you will almost certainly get this new chip. Less sure about the Lithium ion accessory battery, but you can likely upgrade from lead acid in a few years at the batteries end of life.
Will confirm on Saturday what I got, hopefully you are right and also, all that got the Ryzen got the Lithium Ion battery, at least in USA. Hope the same here.
By the way, I am a little uncertain of what will trigger a rejection of a car from my side. I will have the possibility to check the car and not accept it, but I think I will only do this if there is a critical thing in a car, since minor issues with the body of the car, I think can be corrected afterwards, as you have 30 days to bring any issues up with Tesla.
Any recommendations?

I’m pretty sure UAE cars are built in Shanghai and the level of quality is considered better than Fremont built cars. You can spend the time of your delivery going through a long checklist like this or better still enjoy the excitement of a new Tesla and maybe spend less time on the inspection. So long as there’s nothing major my experience is that Tesla is quite willing to resolve issues. Personally I would check the wheels for any damage, spend some time on panel and trim alignment issues and if it all looks good I would take delivery, but in the end it’s your decision.

Thank you for the tips. I also agree that some people take this inspection too far. We also have the 30 days and then the warranty.
I will be using this link in order to have a good checkup, but will not dwell in the same.
I agree that we need to just enjoy the ride and not focus on getting the perfect flawless car...