Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @mars101 and @pedroreisneto@

Just want to give my experience on the a/c and heat management topic.

The glass roof on my m3p (delivered last week) is factory tinted and does a good job at insulating. I didn't specify this, I was told it's standard for GCC.

Additionally I got aftermarket clear fully transparent tint with UV and Infrared protection on the side windows. But even without it was not that hot. This was more about protecting the interior for me.

I keep the car in a covered parking at home and work. The interior gets to around 40-42 degrees when parked. I do use the cabin preconditioning that way the bulk of the cooling is done while the car is plugged in so it doesn't affect my range. At work I don't plug it in so I take a small hit but honestly it's not noticeable in my experience.

I'm getting around 240Wh/km right now, and I am driving very spiritedly (still enjoying that addictive acceleration). My a/c is always set to 23 and auto and the cabin is perfectly comfortable. Just wish they had vented / cooled seats, I miss that.

This was a main point of concern for me before I got the car, but to honest I'm totally happy with the ac performance so far.
Thanks for sharing!

2 ships coming from berlin or shanghai? Any idea? I used to have an edd of july but recently it disappeared with no edd whatsoever, according to tesla dubai they said you are next but they dont know when they will receive the shipment
Those ships were back in June and the lucky ones have received their cars. Haven't got any confirmation of ships in Q3 or any new VIN allocations with the suspect ships.

Currently, we still getting the cars from Shanghai to Dubai as Berlin production numbers are still low.

On the EDD part, not sure if the EDD disappearing is a good indicator and how accurate are the TA's. While you are logged in to the Tesla account, check this link for a hidden VIN when EDD changes happens in the accounts to see if a car has been assigned. https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

Last edited:
Well edd disappeared for some time now it is TBD lmao, perf y white. Initial edd was AUG ordered in late march. Seems we are in the blind now
This happened to me in May for Jan order which was due. Changed from May 22 to TBD and then a 45 day window after 3 months. It appreciated to a 30 day window from Aug 10 for me now.

Interestingly, the TA informed that they have a "dynamic alerting" system now which gives more realistic update. I hope you have a firm schedule now than the TBD.

This happened to me in May for Jan order which was due. Changed from May 22 to TBD and then a 45 day window after 3 months. It appreciated to a 30 day window from Aug 10 for me now.

Interestingly, the TA informed that they have a "dynamic alerting" system now which gives more realistic update. I hope you have a firm schedule now than the TBD.
Well unfortunately it is a white/black MYP that was ordered in march and had an EDD of august until recently when it went to TBD. Now nothing new as u know giga berlin is shutdown for around 2 more days. I hope i get the q3 batch but the real question is… when? No one actually knows as of today. Hopefully we all get the good news tho

I was just assigned a 2022 tesla model y on the tesla website dashboard. I recall my brother was assigned the model year days before getting the vin. Hopes just went up the sky :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Well finally getting MYP whites in UAE. the previous batch was all blacks 0 whites. check Vessel Porgy i think it is coming from shanghai to Jebel ali might be of interest to you.
Thanks. Yea, Porgy is indeed a suspect ship as it went empty to Shanghai and coming to Dubai fully loaded. Vaguely matches my EDD from 10-Aug. Also watching out for couple of others and some NYK as this is the most preferred shipping arrangement to UAE for Tesla's from history. However in Q2, VIN's were assigned after Singapore and I don't have a VIN yet :(
But actually berlin is under production line shut down till 22nd of july, so i suspect the one i was assigned was pre shutdown period batch.
If your VIN was assigned before shutdown, then the car must be headed on a ship, I guess. Aussie customers are seeing VIN's within a date of their car being built. Think it can be seen in the final invoice in the account page.

So, finally the wait is almost over for me. Even in the morning, had no update. Suddenly, about an hr back saw the lead time narrowed down to the first two weeks of August, and then, the hidden VIN :). Yayyyyy!!!

For the record, have a M3 - MSM - LR ordered on the second week on Jan.