Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

I recently placed an order for a m3lr 18” wheels order date (04-Jan-22). I believe They’re shipped to the UAE from Shanghai..

Anyways soon after placing the order I was assigned an RN number, I filled all the required on the site and even finalised the loan with the bank and got it approved.

I am experiencing the following issues and I’m not sure if anyone els gets this as it’s frustrating:

- I was never given an estimated delivery date, only thing the site says “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration”

- The Purchase agreement disappeared from my order page, was available under the documents section, it’s no longer there…

- I have the following message under the Payment method section “We are experiencing technical issues loading your payment details. Please try again later.” As I have mentioned I have already got the preapproval for the loan by Teslas preferred partner bank, so no issues with regard to loan approvals..

I have called Tesla a few times regarding the above and they said that everything is fine however, I was wondering if it’s only my account that’s glitched out or any others in the region experiencing the same.

Thanks I’m advance for any support!

The estimated delivery date in the UAE is currently May/June depending on the options you select.

Your pre approval is useless as it will expire and you will have to apply again. You don’t have a purchase agreement since you don’t have a VIN yet. You should only have an order agreement.

All you can do now is wait until you get closer to the delivery date provided when you placed the order.

The estimated delivery date in the UAE is currently May/June depending on the options you select.

Your pre approval is useless as it will expire and you will have to apply again. You don’t have a purchase agreement since you don’t have a VIN yet. You should only have an order agreement.

All you can do now is wait until you get closer to the delivery date provided when you placed the order.

Thanks for the information!
I actually meant the “order agreement” it was there a couple of days ago and suddenly disappeared.

Based on experience in other countries, you will not be allocated a VIN until after your car is made and is being shipped to UAE, generally 2 to 3 weeks before delivery.
Tesla factories manufacture cars for overseas markets early in each quarter and then concentrate on local specification cars towards the end of each quarter. Other factors include the model Standard V Long Rang V Performance, colour, interior etc. So if you have just ordered your car it may not be scheduled to be made until Q2 but if you ordered last year you may be about to be contacted soon. Have a look at other threads such as Australian Model 3 waiting room and you will see that the website does not always work flawlessly but people do eventually get their cars.
The strange way that Tesla arranges it’s production is done to maxim the number of deliveries each quarter as Tesla don’t count a sale until the car is delivered to the customer.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: mars101 and 907XCP
Hey guys!

I recently placed an order for a m3lr 18” wheels order date (04-Jan-22). I believe They’re shipped to the UAE from Shanghai..

Anyways soon after placing the order I was assigned an RN number, I filled all the required on the site and even finalised the loan with the bank and got it approved.

I am experiencing the following issues and I’m not sure if anyone els gets this as it’s frustrating:

- I was never given an estimated delivery date, only thing the site says “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration”

- The Purchase agreement disappeared from my order page, was available under the documents section, it’s no longer there…

- I have the following message under the Payment method section “We are experiencing technical issues loading your payment details. Please try again later.” As I have mentioned I have already got the preapproval for the loan by Teslas preferred partner bank, so no issues with regard to loan approvals..

I have called Tesla a few times regarding the above and they said that everything is fine however, I was wondering if it’s only my account that’s glitched out or any others in the region experiencing the same.

Thanks I’m advance for any support!
Hello, have you received your car yet or had any update? Ordered mine about 2 weeks after yours.

Yeah should be around then, follow the 2022 shipping movements thread a lot of info regarding potential shipments from Shanghai.
Iv ordered M3LR, White, Black interior and aero 18's, whats your config ?
Same with color Midnight Silver. Ordered the carpets on AliExpress now as all weather carpets are out of stock in UAE and the ones on Amazon didn't look that great. Let's see which comes first.. ha ha

Same with color Midnight Silver. Ordered the carpets on AliExpress now as all weather carpets are out of stock in UAE and the ones on Amazon didn't look that great. Let's see which comes first.. ha ha
Have an update on the app and web and can now see an estimated delivery date between 29-May to 26-Jun. It was not there before. Do you have this as well?

Not yet for delivery estimates. still have the following message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." :/

Had that till yesterday and changed to the date estimates for me today. Guess, that it is progressing.
Yeah for sure seems like there is progress, had a quick chat with TA earlier today and he said "up to my knowledge, all May batches are now pushed back for June deliveries" which tallies with your estimates, are you getting the vehicle on loan or cash ?

That is a relief to know that you have the same info as wel.
Leaning towards loan. Bank with HSBC and they have one of the better deals on Tesla's. The advisor had warned not to apply when I placed the order but to wait till there is a delivery date confirmation and it shouldn't take more than 5 days. Guess, I will call him post EID break and maybe, initiate it mid-May. You need to get a re-approval, right?

That is a relief to know that you have the same info as wel.
Leaning towards loan. Bank with HSBC and they have one of the better deals on Tesla's. The advisor had warned not to apply when I placed the order but to wait till there is a delivery date confirmation and it shouldn't take more than 5 days. Guess, I will call him post EID break and maybe, initiate it mid-May. You need to get a re-approval, right?
Yeah pre approval is required, you should be Okay after Eid, the process was not too long from NBD, I assume same with HSBC

Reactions: mars101