Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 underneath car damage

Hilson

Sep 6, 2019
Isle of Wight
Has anyone had or noticed any damage to the underneath of their Tesla soon after pickup or could they check theirs? I put my Model 3 on a ramp Sunday night (only picked up last Thursday, ~250miles) and noticed this damage to three separate parts of the car, all near the wheels (behind the two front wheel and rear left side).

I've heard before people have had damage from transportation and wondered if anyone has seen anything similiar. It couldn't have been from my driving as I've been really careful and haven't touched anything, I would have noticed if I was driving and had caused this damage.

I've emailed Tesla Service but haven't heard anything back and will be taking it to them tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_165046.jpg
    IMG_20191002_165046.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20191002_164751.jpg
    IMG_20191002_164751.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20191002_165214.jpg
    IMG_20191002_165214.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 46

Nogasmn

Dec 8, 2018
Rochester
That is a lot of damage, is it all on one side or both sides? Looks like damage to plastic pieces but for a new car to have that I would take it back if you are in the return window.

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
It's all fixable, but that's a bit insane. Clearly been driven over something and deliberately forgotten by someone, you would feel that impact. I did check under my car, primarily for jack point damage and dint see anything like this.

NewbieT

Aug 16, 2019
North West
I did find a gouge in the skirt plastic Day 2 < 100 miles. As you can’t see it I decided to ignore. Looks similar to your marks but not as bad. Probably transport damage. I’d log a ticket for Tesla SC to remedy.

Hilson

Sep 6, 2019
Isle of Wight
That is a lot of damage, is it all on one side or both sides? Looks like damage to plastic pieces but for a new car to have that I would take it back if you are in the return window.

It's on both sides of the car near behind both front wheels.

I'm taking it in tomorrow which is my 7th day and if they don't log it to repair I'll return if I can

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
As if it wasn’t bad enough having to have a checklist of things to look out for on a new Model 3, you have to get underneath the car too. Jesus wept.

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
Do the Model 3s have transport blocks to hold the suspension in place during transit? Seeing several examples of similar damage makes in look like they're being driven too quickly onto the ships/transporters and bottoming out.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC