TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 underneath car damage

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Hilson, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Hilson

Hilson Member

Has anyone had or noticed any damage to the underneath of their Tesla soon after pickup or could they check theirs? I put my Model 3 on a ramp Sunday night (only picked up last Thursday, ~250miles) and noticed this damage to three separate parts of the car, all near the wheels (behind the two front wheel and rear left side).

I've heard before people have had damage from transportation and wondered if anyone has seen anything similiar. It couldn't have been from my driving as I've been really careful and haven't touched anything, I would have noticed if I was driving and had caused this damage.

I've emailed Tesla Service but haven't heard anything back and will be taking it to them tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Nogasmn

Nogasmn Member

That is a lot of damage, is it all on one side or both sides? Looks like damage to plastic pieces but for a new car to have that I would take it back if you are in the return window.

3. Yev000

Yev000 Active Member

It's all fixable, but that's a bit insane. Clearly been driven over something and deliberately forgotten by someone, you would feel that impact. I did check under my car, primarily for jack point damage and dint see anything like this.

4. NewbieT

NewbieT Member

I did find a gouge in the skirt plastic Day 2 < 100 miles. As you can’t see it I decided to ignore. Looks similar to your marks but not as bad. Probably transport damage. I’d log a ticket for Tesla SC to remedy.

5. Hilson

Hilson Member

It's on both sides of the car near behind both front wheels.

I'm taking it in tomorrow which is my 7th day and if they don't log it to repair I'll return if I can

6. Durzel

Durzel Active Member

As if it wasn’t bad enough having to have a checklist of things to look out for on a new Model 3, you have to get underneath the car too. Jesus wept.

7. Daverh

Daverh Member

Do the Model 3s have transport blocks to hold the suspension in place during transit? Seeing several examples of similar damage makes in look like they're being driven too quickly onto the ships/transporters and bottoming out.