Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vehicle Systems Over Temperature after Collision [ with large wooden container]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I hit a large size wooden container on the interstate today that damaged my front bumper (I know, absolutely dumb on my part). At first I thought my car was fine with a few bad scratches. However. I’m now getting an over temperature warning for my car. My AC is not working and the cameras are all black. The next available appointment for collision repair is not until October and the folks at Tesla told me to park my car outside away from my house just in case. I’m really unsure of what to do, does anyone know what to do in this situation?

So today I hit a large size wooden container on the interstate today that damaged my front bumper (I know, absolutely dumb on my part). At first I thought my car was fine with a few bad scratches. However. I’m now getting an over temperature warning for my car. My AC is not working and the cameras are all black. The next available appointment for collision repair is not until October and the folks at Tesla told me to park my car outside away from my house just in case. I’m really unsure of what to do, does anyone know what to do in this situation?
Well, I'd begin by parking away from the house just case. And then, maybe find another Tesla certified collision center with a sooner appointment. There are plenty around.

Reactions: TBrownTX and tm1v2
the folks at Tesla told me to park my car outside away from my house just in case. I’m really unsure of what to do, does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Probably start by parking your car outside, away from the house, just in case (since thats what they advised you to do).

I would probably make an appointment with my local service center first (vs waiting for an october appointment for a collision center) especially since you mention the car doesnt look smashed up.

Pics? Any error codes?

So today I hit a large size wooden container on the interstate today that damaged my front bumper (I know, absolutely dumb on my part). At first I thought my car was fine with a few bad scratches. However. I’m now getting an over temperature warning for my car. My AC is not working and the cameras are all black.

At the very least, you've damaged the AC refrigerant, and likely the cooling lines under the front bumper. Any puddles under the front of the car?
Not great, but fully repairable, and covered by insurance (minus the comprehensive deductible).

The next available appointment for collision repair is not until October and the folks at Tesla told me to park my car outside away from my house just in case. I’m really unsure of what to do, does anyone know what to do in this situation?

This type of damage can be 100% repaired by a Tesla Service Center (SC), so make an appointment with them ASAP. The wait for SC windows is way shorter then T+3 months.

I had a somewhat similar situation last year when a parking attendant bumped the nose of the car. There hardly any damage to the plastic bumper cover, but the bump broke the radar brackets disabling cruise control and AP. Long story short, SC repaired everything, and installed a new pre-painted bumper cover, and handled things with my insurance company.

HTH,
a