Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 was towed and damaged with Sentry videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hard to see it because of where the damages are and where the cameras are facing. I baby my car and wash it each weekend so I know all the scratches/damages on my car.

First clearcoat scratch on the left rear door is at 5:01 minutes. The guy has the towing rope in the hand pushing on the rear door.

2nd clearcoat scratch on the right rear door is at 7:24

Bottom paint scratch happened when they lift the front wheels onto the trolley using the metal bar at 8:31 or when they take it off at 18:36

Front lip scratches could have happened at 12:40 min & 13:22 when getting into the street or when getting into their business parking. Car go through an uneven surface.

Do you have photos from before showing that the damage wasn't there? That might help. If nothing else, you might try small claims to recover your deductible. If they learn they have to defend themselves in court, they might change their tune, or the judge might agree with your interpretation of the video.

Like Davewill said, what you know happened and what you can prove happened are different. You even put two times where the damage happened on the front lip. If you aren't even sure, how could a court find that damage was caused by them. Was it caused by them? Possibly. I absolutely believe you and your diligence with your car. However, does the preponderance of the evidence show that they caused any/all of the damage? I'm not so sure.

Just to clarify. Progressive is my insurance company. I tried getting the towing company insurance but they denied my request. Progressive was able to get the towing company insurance however they called me and said that video is not enough evidence to place the towing company at fault BS.

I wonder if you could fault the towing company for negligently ignoring the Tesla requirement that all of their cars require a flatbed tow?

The other day I was in downtown Long Beach where I had parked in a lot, I was reading something on my phone when out of the blue a tow truck backed up to the car next to me and drove off out of sight all without getting out of his truck and in about 30 seconds or less, found out when I went into the place of business and asked that they called as the car had been there a while, I asked them because I thought the guy just trolled the lot and grabbed the car, it all happened so fast though, I was not aware they could hook up and drive off that fast without even getting out of the truck!

Only if you can show that their failure to do so damaged the car.

I thought the same from looking at the pictures. The scratch on the front underside looks very much like my scratch from rubbing against a steel bar protruding out of a parking block. And the black scratches seem like oil/dirt smudges more so than some kind of paint coming off? It would be hard to prove (from an insurance adjuster's eyes) since the minimal damages could have been caused by other common driving conditions/incidents.