Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 what do you prepare for it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about that wether I need to purchase a new modle 3 instead of my model S?
It looks prettty good looking in 3,but I was confused about the dash board,it just has the center 15inch screen!
Any other things you most want to do for your Tesla modle 3?Insurance???Accessories???Or something you want to have?

I am thinking about that wether I need to purchase a new modle 3 instead of my model S?
It looks prettty good looking in 3,but I was confused about the dash board,it just has the center 15inch screen!
Any other things you most want to do for your Tesla modle 3?Insurance???Accessories???Or something you want to have?

What is there to be confused when you are comparing 2 cars with 1/2 the price or twice the price?

Which ever you choose, you still need insurance and of course some prefer accessories too such as driverless option.

New Toyota Prius doesn't have a traditional instrument clusters right in front of the driver either. It's located in center also and I don't hear any complaints.

2017-Toyota-Prius-interior-dashboard-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BayArea_David
What is there to be confused when you are comparing 2 cars with 1/2 the price or twice the price?

Which ever you choose, you still need insurance and of course some prefer accessories too such as driverless option.

New Prius doesn't have a traditional instrument clusters right in front of the driver either. It's located in center also and I don't hear any complaints.
Yeah,of cause it needs the insurance,I am considering about the driving speed.If I am driving and I want to know what is the spped now.I need view the screen on the right as quickly as I can.Maybe it will affect me in driving way.

New Prius doesn't have a traditional instrument clusters right in front of the driver either. It's located in center also and I don't hear any complaints.
How about the accessories?What do you think the model 3 need most?Screen protector?Foot mat?Can you share me about your thought?Very kind of you.

As someone else mentioned, centre display isn't unheard of. Toyota Yaris had it for years. How well it works in the Model 3 I don't think anyone can really answer until they hit the roads in the hands of consumers. Anything in this forum is just speculation at this point.

As someone else mentioned, centre display isn't unheard of. Toyota Yaris had it for years. How well it works in the Model 3 I don't think anyone can really answer until they hit the roads in the hands of consumers. Anything in this forum is just speculation at this point.
Yes,it is right.Let's wait and see.Hope it can do a good job for us.Looking forword the red color.

How about the accessories?What do you think the model 3 need most?Screen protector?Foot mat?Can you share me about your thought?Very kind of you.

Right now, we do not know much about Model 3.

We have to wait until its first delivery to first 30 luck owners on Friday, 7/28/2017. We still don't know the time nor the place yet.

Tesla hinted that there will be very little choices for owners to choose at first:

1) color
2) Wheel sizes 18" or 19"

We will know more when its ordering / configuration / design page open. We still don't know when just yet.

I think I would immediately install front and rear dash cam with sound recording.

I like technology so I would pay for Driverless option. Note that Tesla is not activating it for an unknown future.

Only 3 states in the US allows driverless.

We don't know there will be a metal roof option because we only see all glass roof until now.

But glass roof costs more so may be metal roof will be offered in future to fulfill the promise of $35,000 car (Tesla wants to sell most expensive optioned first so it can subsidize for cheapest advertised $35,000 car last.)

There might be an option for better stereo sound or Tesla might just simplify and lump it into a package.

Tesla does include basic floor mats for Model S and X but we don't know about Model 3.

I still buy optional rubber floor mats if it comes with standard floor mats or not (separately, you do not have to do that when ordering your car).

Some people do buy screen protector but most don't. We just have to make our fingers are free of ketchup before touching the screen or you can buy touchscreen gloves.

Again, at this point, we just have to wait to know more about Model 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: guipingfang
My list of accessories is

2 sets of floor mats and trunk/frunk liners (I wear boots and go though floor mats quickly). I want a spare so when the first 1 gets worn out I can just swap it. I made the mistake with my current car I wore through the floor mat so pulled it out and said I would order a new mat well before I got the new mat I had worn through the carpet as well.

Paint protection film will do at least the front possibly the entire car. If I only get the paint protection film on the front I will use one of the coatings like Cquartz(sp) for the rest of the car. I will likely drive from the Tesla store to the shop for the paint protection film. Get it put on first before any damage can be done and before I get used to driving the car and not want to give it up for a few days to have work done.

Window tint there is lots of glass and it gets hot in Vegas. I will tint the windshield using the clear heat rejection tint all other windows tinted just not sure how dark yet.

Wall connector need to be able to charge it. Depends on the on-board charger if it can accept more than 40 amps then I will get the wall connector if not then just a 14-50 receptacle.

Seat covers. I have wet okole neoprene seat covers on my current car and like them so will likely get them for the 3.

If it comes with locking lug nuts I will also replace them with non locking lug nuts and a tire plug kit since it doesn't have a spare tire.

Can't think of many more accessories I want.

Right now, we do not know much about Model 3.

We have to wait until its first delivery to first 30 luck owners on Friday, 7/28/2017. We still don't know the time nor the place yet.

Tesla hinted that there will be very little choices for owners to choose at first:

1) color
2) Wheel sizes 18" or 19"

We will know more when its ordering / configuration / design page open. We still don't know when just yet.

I think I would immediately install front and rear dash cam with sound recording.

I like technology so I would pay for Driverless option. Note that Tesla is not activating it for an unknown future.

Only 3 states in the US allows driverless.

We don't know there will be a metal roof option because we only see all glass roof until now.

But glass roof costs more so may be metal roof will be offered in future to fulfill the promise of $35,000 car (Tesla wants to sell most expensive optioned first so it can subsidize for cheapest advertised $35,000 car last.)

There might be an option for better stereo sound or Tesla might just simplify and lump it into a package.

Tesla does include basic floor mats for Model S and X but we don't know about Model 3.

I still buy optional rubber floor mats if it comes with standard floor mats or not (separately, you do not have to do that when ordering your car).

Some people do buy screen protector but most don't. We just have to make our fingers are free of ketchup before touching the screen or you can buy touchscreen gloves.

Again, at this point, we just have to wait to know more about Model 3.
Looking forword for model 3.When the purchasing page is open,I would I like to choose the glass roof,Becuse I can see the shinning stars in the evening.That would be more enjoable.Do you want to purchase a Model 3?

My list of accessories is

2 sets of floor mats and trunk/frunk liners (I wear boots and go though floor mats quickly). I want a spare so when the first 1 gets worn out I can just swap it. I made the mistake with my current car I wore through the floor mat so pulled it out and said I would order a new mat well before I got the new mat I had worn through the carpet as well.

Paint protection film will do at least the front possibly the entire car. If I only get the paint protection film on the front I will use one of the coatings like Cquartz(sp) for the rest of the car. I will likely drive from the Tesla store to the shop for the paint protection film. Get it put on first before any damage can be done and before I get used to driving the car and not want to give it up for a few days to have work done.

Window tint there is lots of glass and it gets hot in Vegas. I will tint the windshield using the clear heat rejection tint all other windows tinted just not sure how dark yet.

Wall connector need to be able to charge it. Depends on the on-board charger if it can accept more than 40 amps then I will get the wall connector if not then just a 14-50 receptacle.

Seat covers. I have wet okole neoprene seat covers on my current car and like them so will likely get them for the 3.

If it comes with locking lug nuts I will also replace them with non locking lug nuts and a tire plug kit since it doesn't have a spare tire.

Can't think of many more accessories I want.
LOL...That is enough.
My accessories list:
1.Floor mats (it would be better a customized a whole set car floor mat)and another one is the loop mats for 3.
2.The sunroof sunshade.If I chose the glasss roof it will be hot in summer.I will purchase a sunroof sunshade for better enjoyable.
3.Maybe is the screen protector,I like the screen keep cleaning without any other dust.Even more the fingerprint。
4.Key fob,I always slip away from my hands.Maybe the silicone is not bad choice.
5.The sunscreen dashboards it is not only for the dashboard protector but also for decoration.

I still be considerating...LOL...

...see the shinning stars in the evening...

Yes! I currently enjoy my Model X's helicopter-like windshield that extends all the way up and behind my head so I can see the sun during daylight and the moon and stars at night and fantastic view at anytime.

Yes, I am getting Model 3 too. Employees will get their turn first then non-employees like myself will get our turns after that.

Yes! I currently enjoy my Model X's helicopter-like windshield that extends all the way up and behind my head so I can see the sun during daylight and the moon and stars at night and fantastic view at anytime.

Yes, I am getting Model 3 too. Employees will get their turn first then non-employees like myself will get our turns after that.
Wow,that is cool.Awsome! When can you get the model 3?Are you one of the 30 person to get the model 3 on 28th July?

I seldom take my fob out of my pocket except when I need to transfer it to new clothes.

Model S unlocks and extends its door handles for me without me touching the fob in my pocket.

Model X unlocks and opens its door for me without me touching the fob in my pocket.
I always slip out of my pocket when touch them.And I think if I prepare a key fob for it,it looks like wearing a new clothes which make me enjoy different things about it,even the color difference.

Tesla key fob didn't come with a key ring for a long time so it could look very ugly because if people just use duct tape, garbage tie, plastic tie...

However, there have been third party fob pouches that look very good.

Now, Model X's fob comes with built-in key ring as shown by Electrek.co

tesla-key-sleeve-1.jpg

tesla-key-sleeve-2.jpg

We still don't know about Model 3's fob yet.
I do think so,and I preppare a new fob for my S.If the Amazon has the new fob for 3 I think I would like to choose one for it too.

Attachments

• QQ图片20170707142304.jpg
    QQ图片20170707142304.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 91