Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - window plastic seal issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car 1.5 months ago, I just noticed today the window plastic seals on both the front and back passenger sides are forming some little bumps, anyone has the same experience?

I live in Oakland, so it’s not really hot, so heat doesn’t seem to justify the reasoning.

Attachments

• 9434674F-7CEB-4A6A-B74B-00AC9143DA5C.jpeg
    9434674F-7CEB-4A6A-B74B-00AC9143DA5C.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 853
Mine had similar issues when I took delivery in April 2018, and I didn’t notice it after a few weeks later. Scheduled with SC and they used a heat gun to fix it. It’s not perfect, but it’s less noticeable.

I scheduled a mobile service and will see what happened, I had a total of 5 bumps throughout the front and back seats. Couldn’t believe I didn’t notice it when I took delivery until now.

I called the SC and they sounded very surprised

I’ll post an update after my appt!

Fairly common. The gasket trim just doesn't stay flat near corners. If you massage the spot for a few minutes, you may be able to get them to flatten a little. I have one on my driver-side rear window, and since I never sit in the back seat, I never really notice it, and so it doesn't bother me. I have thought about taking a hair dryer to it to see if I could get it to lay down more, but haven't found the time.

I find it odd that some cars don’t have this and others do. Mine also has three bumps in various areas. It’s weird because the seal does not feel the same all the way through in these areas as it does anywhere else that isn’t bumpy so I don’t know what the deal is.

They took a heat gun to try to reshape mine and they are smaller/better but still there.

Update: the Tesla technician tried to reseal the trim but didn’t work, so he put 2 brand new trim (front and back) and now it looks perfect.

He told me it’s pretty common because the factory didn’t install it right and then the car sits under the sun while waiting for delivery, so the bumps kinda just formed and no longer be able to reshape it.