Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Window Rattle (When it's fully closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine was fixed when they replaced the window regulator, A good way to test to see if its causing this is to sit in the car with the all the windows up. Then in silence, pull up on the window switch and all of them should have a similar sound except that 1 window that rattles, it will sound like the glass is hitting the top. Thats how you can show the service to come fix it.
Mine has wiggle room when I pull up on the window switch. Like the window as a mm or so wiggle room. Is that what you mean?

Anyone ever hear window rattles when going over small bumps like the light reflectors on the road while the window is fully closed? It’s faint, and comes from the doors. Sounds like a cable in the window regulator hitting the door or the window.

I drove three other model 3s (SR, SR+, and stealth performance) and they all had this rattle. My friend and I used a tone generator to look for it and while we could hear it at 60Hz at 75% volume in the car, we couldn’t really pin point it. But when we drive, it definitely comes from the door.

I say it’s the window regulator because I took all the door panels off, and taped down all the wires and connectors. They could not possibly rattle, so it leaves the window. Has anyone fixed this?
Yes mi e rattles too over dpeed bumps

Had same thing, thought clearly i heard a glass sounding rattle in passenger door........(21 M3P)...finally found!..
raise up passenger seat all the way, tilt it back, look under......there is a small black plastic unit, with a couple plugs into it....right in front....it had 2 small clips to the metal seat base......it was rattling against seat bottom....sounded just like glass.......popped right off with no effort, put some 2 sided tape on it, reattached.....rattle solved!... :)

Dumb question, which cable was rattling for you? I have a similar noise and have tried wiggling but cant replicate (unless my issue is actually door glass).

The white label next to yellow tape?

chair.jpg

mine was fixed when they replaced the window regulator, A good way to test to see if its causing this is to sit in the car with the all the windows up. Then in silence, pull up on the window switch and all of them should have a similar sound except that 1 window that rattles, it will sound like the glass is hitting the top. Thats how you can show the service to come fix it.
This is exactly right! I just did this and the 2 windows that make a noise sound a bit different.

I'll make sure to do this for my next appt. I also have a video of me making the rattle by pressing the area. But yes, the windows that are misaligned make a slight knock noise when they go up. Like it's hitting something at the top.