Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 with autopilot HW3 option APH4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you mind sharing which piece of trim you needed to remove to check, and how difficult it was? We've had our SR+ for 3 weeks and my wife would kill me if I broke something.

The trim piece below the rear vents touching the carpet floor. I yanked on the bottom of it to remove.

I’d honestly be surprised this is the way to check if you have 2.5 or 3. It’s just what the guy earlier said so I was curious and checked what I had. I know the computer is on the firewall on the passenger side but haven’t ripped stuff apart to check.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
There have not been any confirmed sightings of a Model 3 with HW3 installed. The latest update is that Tesla is indeed installing them in cars coming off the line but they are currently building cars for international orders. So if you purchased a Model 3 built for North America and already have taken delivery it is highly unlikely it has HW3.

No.

My computer, Part Number - 1098058-00-L REV02 NA, not removing it to look inside that's for sure.

Part catalog just has that listed as the main model 3 computer. As with HW3 on the Model X, it seems like the middle two digits don't always match. No mention of a REV02, however. Anyone taken apart a 2018 Model 3 to compare?

Screenshot from 2019-04-15 12-30-26.png

Part catalog just has that listed as the main model 3 computer. As with HW3 on the Model X, it seems like the middle two digits don't always match. No mention of a REV02, however. Anyone taken apart a 2018 Model 3 to compare?

View attachment 397090

Blurry photo here Behold HW3 ( First pics ) !!!! But if you zoom in you can clearly see REV01. Still no 100% verification of HW3, but it definitely seems to be leaning that way.

Then again, just saw the screenshots here Tracking Autopilot HW3 Factory Installs & Upgrades - Does Your Car Have It?. REV03 seen back in the beginning of March, with a user claiming it was produced January 2018....

Last edited:
Blurry photo here Behold HW3 ( First pics ) !!!! But if you zoom in you can clearly see REV01. Still no 100% verification of HW3, but it definitely seems to be leaning that way.

Then again, just saw the screenshots here Tracking Autopilot HW3 Factory Installs & Upgrades - Does Your Car Have It?. REV03 seen back in the beginning of March, with a user claiming it was produced January 2018....

The model s/x mcu have a completely different design so you can't really compare to the 3. Here's a pic of mine and the console harness.
vva9Tw3.jpg

GdFnVXY.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
The model s/x mcu have a completely different design so you can't really compare to the 3. Here's a pic of mine and the console harness.
vva9Tw3.jpg

GdFnVXY.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. The first couple of digits of the serial number are supposed to tell you when the part was manufactured, so at the very least we know yours is 2019.

That "First pics" thread is a bit difficult to follow (since it starts out as an April Fools joke), but the pictures I linked are of a Model 3 MCU. And the Tesla Owners Online thread, that's also about Model 3.