Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Detail Page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is definitely a mismatch issue per the support team. They have escalated to have it resolved. The window sticker (and my contract) show the performance model but the service config doesn't show performance.

I did make a change to the config about 3 weeks ago to upgrade to the performance model. (I picked up the car today.) Perhaps when this change was done the build was updated but something else wasn't? Regardless, no matter what they do to resolve it, I will be suspect about whether I actually have a performance model. I don't think there is anything physically different about the two versions other than including engines that have performed better in testing. I wonder if there are any other secret markings somewhere on the car to give me assurances I received something for my $10k.

There is definitely a mismatch issue per the support team. They have escalated to have it resolved. The window sticker (and my contract) show the performance model but the service config doesn't show performance.

I did make a change to the config about 3 weeks ago to upgrade to the performance model. (I picked up the car today.) Perhaps when this change was done the build was updated but something else wasn't? Regardless, no matter what they do to resolve it, I will be suspect about whether I actually have a performance model. I don't think there is anything physically different about the two versions other than including engines that have performed better in testing. I wonder if there are any other secret markings somewhere on the car to give me assurances I received something for my $10k.

Hmm. Interesting. What do the option codes on the stickers in the door jambs say?

Do you have the ability to lift the car to remove either the front or rear wheels (one at a time)? If so, you could get motor part numbers to compare with folks that have a confirmed performance 3.

This is the only sticker other than the yellow tire pressure one.

Attachments

• DoorJam.jpg
    DoorJam.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 69
The window sticker shows Performance...even though the actual car doesn't. I'm still waiting for Telsa to get back to me. I know they are busy with quarter end so I am trying to be patient. I had this added to the Due Bill list for my car as well.

Attachments

• 20180924_222114.jpg
    20180924_222114.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 35
Just so you know, you have been blocking the wrong characters of your VIN. Usually people mask the last 2-3 characters. Everyone knows yours starts with 5YJ3E1EB1JF070xxx because all current AWD Model 3 start with the same code.

Thank you. On the model 3 tracking spreadsheet floating around we were asked to put the last 5 so I was thinking that was "safe" but you're right, that is what is unique .

Latest update: Tesla called and they will be swapping out my car. A new one, with the correct configuration, is currently on the manufacturing line and they are hoping to get it to me on Friday. I sure am glad I double checked how to tell if I actually received the performance model. Thank you for everyone's help here.

Latest update: Tesla called and they will be swapping out my car. A new one, with the correct configuration, is currently on the manufacturing line and they are hoping to get it to me on Friday. I sure am glad I double checked how to tell if I actually received the performance model. Thank you for everyone's help here.

That's crazy. Glad you got it figured out.

Woah. I hope if you did any after-market work on it (tinting/PPF/etc...) that Tesla will pay for it to be done again to the new car.

I put on the Areo wheel center cap replacement and lug covers. I can take that off easily. I have a window tint appointment for next week so I am hopeful I'll have the correct car by then. I have been researching new wheels but I haven't purchased them yet. The biggest "issue" is that I haven't been able to fall in love with my car yet since I have been in this limbo phase. I want to love her but I knew she might not really be mine so I resisted. I even avoided driving it much. LOL. First world problems but hey, it's an emotional thing.