Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 19 inch Non-Tempest Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t seen or read much about these MS wheel covers in the wild or on the interwebs for that matter.

Thought I’d share in case anyone is interested. I’m still debating whether to keep them on but they’re not bad. They’re a little shiny for being matte. I know that’s a bit of an oxymoron, but it makes it more apparent that it’s plastic. A little wear and dirt on them could change that soon. A nice bonus though is that it covers the outer ring of the rim, unlike the tempest covers, so you get a little added protection when curbing.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_9189.jpeg
    IMG_9189.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_9190.jpeg
    IMG_9190.jpeg
    966.3 KB · Views: 90
Just my opinion. I never understand why people want to get this. First it reduces the efficiency. Second, it looks worse than the OEM without the aero cover. If someone wants the sport look, just order a set of after-market wheels then.

Just my opinion. I never understand why people want to get this. First it reduces the efficiency. Second, it looks worse than the OEM without the aero cover. If someone wants the sport look, just order a set of after-market wheels then.
This is a solid alternative for those who think the aero covers are hideous. I know a few car guys who have expressed that opinion and I agree they’re pretty ugly. Second, there are those who want to preserve the ride quality of the 19s who might want a different look. Third, there are those who intend to go with aftermarket wheels at a future time and this can be a short term option as it was documented in another thread that these Motenio covers sell on eBay for $110 a set.

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago.

I like them and think they look a little better than the stock wheel covers, though they still have room for improvement, looks wise.

Before getting them, I was using my wheels without covers. I like the color of the wheel covers, though I am considering using plastidip to paint them a bronze color.

Eventually I plan to get aftermarket wheels. For around $100, these are a nice stop-gap until I get them.

Reactions: dn325ci and bb_ms
This is a solid alternative for those who think the aero covers are hideous. I know a few car guys who have expressed that opinion and I agree they’re pretty ugly. Second, there are those who want to preserve the ride quality of the 19s who might want a different look. Third, there are those who intend to go with aftermarket wheels at a future time and this can be a short term option as it was documented in another thread that these Motenio covers sell on eBay for $110 a set.
Spot on. Not ready to shell out on aftermarket wheels and dispose of/sell these tires with plenty of life if I go for 20 inch wheels. Inexpensive alternative. Efficiency hasn’t taken a hit based on the data I’m seeing in Tessie too. Are they perfect? No but what wheel covers are I suppose. Are they an improvement in terms of looks over the tempest wheels? Subjective, just like aftermarket wheels.

Reactions: dn325ci and f308gt4
Haven’t seen or read much about these MS wheel covers in the wild or on the interwebs for that matter.

Thought I’d share in case anyone is interested. I’m still debating whether to keep them on but they’re not bad. They’re a little shiny for being matte. I know that’s a bit of an oxymoron, but it makes it more apparent that it’s plastic. A little wear and dirt on them could change that soon. A nice bonus though is that it covers the outer ring of the rim, unlike the tempest covers, so you get a little added protection when curbing.

Enjoy!
Did you add the Tesla center cap separately after purchasing the wheel covers?

Did you add the Tesla center cap separately after purchasing the wheel covers?
You can buy them separately off eBay or you can buy the covers and caps together from Tesplus. Only site outside of eBay I’ve seen offer these. I imagine there are others though. Tesplus is more expensive but a quick google search turns up a few discount codes, assuming they work.

Last edited: