Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket wheel covers for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this on Hansshow. Anyone try these yet? I like the turbine style ones from Rimetrix. I wish they would made S/X covers. I guess it's just too low volume to justify.

Here is the wheel cover for Model S 2021+ 19-inch wheels.

I found this on Hansshow. Anyone try these yet? I like the turbine style ones from Rimetrix. I wish they would made S/X covers. I guess it's just too low volume to justify.

Bumping this thread. I am interested in the Hansshow wheel covers and want to see if anyone has bought and installed yet?

I have them. They look nice and don't seem to affect range. One issue, install the felt around the outside of the wheel. Otherwise, they will scrape the lip of the factory rim. Also, ebay has them on sale often if you find them and add them to you watch list. Got them for a $100. Those however didn't come with the T emblems in the center. Had to pay extra for those. $110 total.

I have them. They look nice and don't seem to affect range. One issue, install the felt around the outside of the wheel. Otherwise, they will scrape the lip of the factory rim. Also, ebay has them on sale often if you find them and add them to you watch list. Got them for a $100. Those however didn't come with the T emblems in the center. Had to pay extra for those. $110 total.
Which vendor did you buy from? I'm not seeing any with logos.

Are the covers actually different for the model y vs s? If not, that would imply that any y wheel cover should fit the s
Since the covers are held on by clips and not the circumference your statement might not be for true for all covers, though it appears to be true for this Motenio cover. The reason is because the shape of the spokes are not exactly the same for both S and Y wheels, so depending on where the clips engage they may or may work for both model's wheels.

Thanks for the pics and the links. It gave me an idea. I bought the covers and the T logos and some bronze plastidip. Im going to plastidip the covers when I get them, see how they look on my ultra red car. If the color doesn’t look good, should be easy enough to remove back to the black color.

Will post some pics when I do it.

Reactions: leecox
Thanks for the pics and the links. It gave me an idea. I bought the covers and the T logos and some bronze plastidip. Im going to plastidip the covers when I get them, see how they look on my ultra red car. If the color doesn’t look good, should be easy enough to remove back to the black color.

Fun! Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

Nice. I just bought the covers as well. Never thought about bronze on the Ultra Red, should be interesting!

I got the wheel covers in today, and the plastidip. But unfortunately, didn’t get the centercaps, which will come tomorrow.

I tried one out on the car to see how it looks. It looks great, IMHO. Showed my wife who said I should leave it black, since it matches the trim, and that the bronze color will not look good.

So now I don’t know what to do. Leave it black or paint it bronze?

Edit: Sent pic to daughter, who also said leave it black. Damn.

IMG_0300.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the wheel covers in today, and the plastidip. But unfortunately, didn’t get the centercaps, which will come tomorrow.

I tried one out on the car to see how it looks. It looks great, IMHO. Showed my wife who said I should leave it black, since it matches the trim, and that the bronze color will not look good.

So now I don’t know what to do. Leave it black or paint it bronze?

Edit: Sent pic to daughter, who also said leave it black. Damn.

View attachment 998840
Nice! Possible to take a photo even more angled? I'm specifically curious how far the center dome protrudes.

It pretty much sits flush.
Thanks. Well, what a great option from Motenio. I think there are a number of customers who would like an alternative to the Tempest covers. I have an MSP coming with 19's that I'll probably upgrade to aftermarket wheels at some point, but for these coming winter months this option intrigues me, especially at $110. Would love to see a few full-car views whenever you get the chance.