Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2015 vs Raven 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello , i have a mode s 90d 2015 and in 24 january before new garanti come in I ordered a model s standard range raven the last one in country plus its have free super charging, price diference will be arround 30k when I will sell my model s 90d will worth the diference or should i wait ? Havent pick up the car yet will be available areound 13 februar for pickup

IDN...90D has good range, and if the degradation is low, and if your current car has premium interior, sunroof, lighting, SAS and your MCU and IC are not leaking, I would consider keeping what you have a bit longer, at least until Battery Day in April, to see what the future brings.

30k invested is better than lost in less than 2 years in depreciation, and you can buy a battery and then some and still be ahead...

I just did this upgrade. Went from a 2015 85D to 2019 SR. Cost me a little over 34k with taxes and I am very happy. The ride is smoother, I love the glass roof, the interior is much more comfortable, I love having MCU2, warranty for 3 additional years, SiriusXM and better interior and exterior lighting. It feels like a better built car and I’m happy I made the switch.

I did lose AP 1.0 lane changing and summons and spent $7,700 after the fact and this is one thing to consider. Going from a degraded 85D to a new SR was a slight increase for me in range but nothing significant.

Well my model s is full, with everything I could add , but the problem is that there cant finde other standard range new with free charge and stil the old garanti with 8 year no km limit. Also the price it's with 13 k lower that its was 2 month ago o_O my tesla stil drive perfect and I would just keep it to , but I dont know if there in half year come a better Tesla I'm sure I will lose allot in depreciation

Went from a 2015 P85DL to a 2019 raven performance. Chose not to wait anymore as there is something always around the corner. I have a warranty again, 100 miles more range, faster charging, better ride, quicker acceleration and can actually use the browser now. Plus the monthly payments are lower as the new car cost less. So it really was a no brainer for me