Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 75D 0-60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PBOX? Vbox (thousands od dollars)? Vbox sport?

Sorry Vbox sport. Its more accurate than any phone app. Numbers are within .005 of track numbers.

Honestly the numbers vary depending on battery temps. My best runs are a few miles of super efficient driving and then doing a run between 80-90% SOC. Temps between 60-70 degrees. Once battery is warm, my numbers stay between 4.0-4.15

I have the new Twin Turbine wheels, cant find any data on those compared to 19's. My theory is they make the car faster :D:D

Last edited:
Are they lighter than the 19’s and 21 turbines? Because if they are, the car will actually be faster. Would be interesting to see a weight comparison with all 3 sets of wheels

I dont think there is much real world data yet. A few sites had some stats on them but they were using the 21" regular turbines for specifics.
I read somewhere that they are lighter than both Turbines and 19" wheels. Tesla's official press release from January says this:

"With a visually striking design, the Tesla Twin Turbine wheels offer a more enjoyable driving experience by improving handling and acceleration."

Really ? Do we know how fast a 0-60 is theoretically possible with a 75d were Tesla to further uncork it from its current stated 4.2?
Nobody has tried it. Somewhere between 15% and 50% more torque is my guess with reasonable reliability. The new DU00 coded drive units might be able to handle more torque bump than the old ones but unless someone gets a newer salvage, you'd be throwing away seven years of warranty to try. DU00 drive units are barely a year old.

In order to get more max power (the next limit after torque, kicking in about two seconds into a run) out of a regular S75D for any reasonable length of time you will also have to play with the battery, which seems like a disaster recipe. Right now max power limits only affect the end of the 0-60, and only slightly, but as you increase the torque, you get to max power more quickly, so a bit of a catch 22. The 100D would be a much better choice even though it is heavier, as it has the same battery as the P100D.

Off the cuff, I would think if I were already out of warranty I would be trying to get to 3.5 seconds with rollout in the regular S75D, down to 3.3 seconds in the BTX8 (P85D) battery version of the S75D and the S100D. I suspect the SP100DL is pretty close to the staggered tire traction limits.

But we should really do the math.

Without CANBus hardware I think it would be hard to see any difference performance times due to differences in rims. Personally I got rid of my vBox as I think the car reported power settings are more interesting than more granular speed and distance. One of the great things about CANBus is it shows the throttle position.

A counter argument as to why lighter rims may not matter much is that the fixed motor torque settings may make the motor spin less hard with lighter rims in trying to keep equal torque.

Last edited:
A counter argument as to why lighter rims may not matter much is that the fixed motor torque settings may make the motor spin less hard with lighter rims in trying to keep equal torque.

Very informative, Krash.

I wonder if anyone has tested this theory to see if lighter wheels are just a waste of money on a Tesla.

Also, you think it would be possible to get down to a 3.25-2.5 0-60 on an s75d without playing with the battery ?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Once you are you are going to break your warranty and root your car, I assume you would add the launch (performance torque load) software setting so that you can step on the brake and accelerator together.

There is a pretty big difference between 3.25 and 2.5. I doubt you could get 2.5 in an SP100D if you swapped the original battery out for the 350v 1350a limited 75 battery, even with the lighter weight.

Once you are you are going to break your warranty and root your car, I assume you would add the launch (performance torque load) software setting so that you can step on the brake and accelerator together.

There is a pretty big difference between 3.25 and 2.5. I doubt you could get 2.5 in an SP100D if you swapped the original battery out for the 350v 1350a limited 75 battery, even with the lighter weight.

Would you have to write your own code for that ? Or is it downloadable somewhere

Sorry Vbox sport. Its more accurate than any phone app. Numbers are within .005 of track numbers.

Honestly the numbers vary depending on battery temps. My best runs are a few miles of super efficient driving and then doing a run between 80-90% SOC. Temps between 60-70 degrees. Once battery is warm, my numbers stay between 4.0-4.15

I have the new Twin Turbine wheels, cant find any data on those compared to 19's. My theory is they make the car faster :D:D
I have an old pbox that works sparingly. Should get a sport to test my P90D

ok,I want to ,but I don't know my DU version
All 85s came out before the new drive unit. But at some point they will start putting new drive units in. Look on the invoice when they are finished. If it doesn't say DU01 then just ask them if it was the new DU01 or the original (uncoded) one that originally came with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911