Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S automatically changes the miles per hour.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on my trips to Florida from NJ while I’m in full self driving mode that I’ll pass an overpass or it’ll just spontaneously change the speed limit from 70 to 50 or 45 when the speed limit on the road that I’m on is 70 is there a way around this?

I noticed on my trips to Florida from NJ while I’m in full self driving mode that I’ll pass an overpass or it’ll just spontaneously change the speed limit from 70 to 50 or 45 when the speed limit on the road that I’m on is 70 is there a way around this?
Where are you seeing that happen? Sometimes the mapping data is wrong and can cause problems like that, but I’ve driven from FL to New England and back many times, including this year, and haven’t experienced that. Which versions of firmware and navigation data do you have? You can see both on the Controls > Software screen.

Happens to me frequently because our map data in kentucky is 10+ years old ( just kidding). It does seem the FSD "fixes" this issue by relying much more on visual speed limit signs. But when first turning onto a new street, or where map data suggests a speed limit change, the speed is not correct or resets to your default set speed+offset when just driving along a road in some places.

Happens to me frequently because our map data in kentucky is 10+ years old ( just kidding). It does seem the FSD "fixes" this issue by relying much more on visual speed limit signs. But when first turning onto a new street, or where map data suggests a speed limit change, the speed is not correct or resets to your default set speed+offset when just driving along a road in some places.
I found on my most recent road trip that FSD fails to react to speed limit signs probably 30% of the time.