Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On that last thought, to come up with a valid conspiracy theory, what's preventing Big Oil from filling up the reservation list with hundreds of dummies that they'd cancel just as Tesla reaches the start of production? If not anything else, it'd be poor timing and bad press for Tesla. The oil companies can definitely afford to lose $50 x say, 1,500 - it's less than pocket change for them and they wouldn't be doing anything illegal here.

Haha, I just pictured some evil oil exec in a shadowy room smoking a cigar and laughing maniacally.

Well, judging by the attendance to the event, they could cancel their orders, but the early reservations seem legit. By the time they canceled their dummy orders thousands of customers would have their cars and would be spreading the gospel to others who might happily jump in the vacated slot.

Looks like you have a new avatar Outsider. Is that the injection mold S EVent giveaway?

No, that is the Model S key.
keyfob.jpg

At the event they said that all the betas were automatically always on, and that no one claimed to have a key to show.

(edit: I see gg answered first as I was searching for the full sized image)

Last edited:
Looks like you have a new avatar Outsider. Is that the injection mold S EVent giveaway?

Oh, and if you hit a 1000 posts, don't you stop being an "outsider" anymore?

The others are right. I grabbed the key fob image from the site and resized it, it's so dang sexy.

My post count has shot up in all the excitement! Guess I could ask dpeilow or Doug for a name change @ 1k

The plastic models are like this:
plasticmod.jpg

They had them in a few different colors.

Really? I only saw black. I've got an extra if anyone wants to trade for white or red?

I talked with the injection mold guy. In addition to moving that massive machine out to the floor for us to watch plastic cars being made, (mold was made by one of their vendors) he said these Toy S shapes would probably be giveaways at events and stores as well.

Who's going to make an RC version first?

I talked with the injection mold guy. In addition to moving that massive machine out to the floor for us to watch plastic cars being made, (mold was made by one of their vendors) he said these Toy S shapes would probably be giveaways at events and stores as well.

Who's going to make an RC version first?

Hopefully tesla. My lead paint roadster needs a friend.