Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Beta Test "Rides" and the Fremont, CA, Factory tour!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this below in the Video forum, but thought I would put it here as well. This is a video of my test ride yesterday along with video of many factory floor robots in demo mode.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I've always wanted to tour the NUMMI plant back when I was younger, but never got to before they closed the plant. It was robotics heaven. And the Model S beta ride was great as well. If it helps any folks that did make the trip, especially from outside the country, the ride was literally about a minute - that's all.

Pics that I took today (will upload video later): Set 1 of 3:
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1708.JPG
IMG_1707.JPG
IMG_1705.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG

If you insist:

Ah! See! I picked up something new with your video :smile: I didn't notice the power meter before. He also showed some of the touchscreen stuff. BTW he didn't press that button we're talking about to swap the items on the screen (he touched the double-arrow icon on the far right of the screen).

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty enormous energy consumption, but I guess they had been going from about 10-70mph with a car full of people ALL day. I think they used the friction brakes at the end of the run too so they would get max regen.

If ANYONE feels like they shouldn't post another video, please DO share! The more the better! I love seeing as much as I can and I was there! :smile:

Encouragement! Nice! Me like. And it made me realize I can do better. Here is another version, with exterior shots mixed in to give the "full experience" if you like. (You will kindly disregard the fact that "the car" changes color.)

(Better resolution if you go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CpF2U6wFAw )

Last edited by a moderator:
It rained quite a bit today, and was chilly too. Sure glad the weather didn't spoil our weekend!

Watching the videos (and I remember from my ride as well) at the end of the straightaway they have to swing to the right before doing the U-turn. Was it that narrow of a street? Does Model S have a wide turning radius?

It's been somewhat amusing to read the opinions on the main Tesla forums. Multiple posts similar to "Wow, killer dash board and console, great interior. Love the look!", then the occasional guy that's "Crappy plastic interior, feels like a minivan. Hate the proprietary connector." I'm thinking, were you all at the same event?

It's been somewhat amusing to read the opinions on the main Tesla forums. Multiple posts similar to "Wow, killer dash board and console, great interior. Love the look!", then the occasional guy that's "Crappy plastic interior, feels like a minivan. Hate the proprietary connector." I'm thinking, were you all at the same event?

Those latter folks were planted by the ICE car companies and Big Oil ;-D

Here's some good stuff from CNET: Tesla Model S Beta 1: A glimpse of the future from the passenger seat | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

On that last thought, to come up with a valid conspiracy theory, what's preventing Big Oil from filling up the reservation list with hundreds of dummies that they'd cancel just as Tesla reaches the start of production? If not anything else, it'd be poor timing and bad press for Tesla. The oil companies can definitely afford to lose $50 x say, 1,500 - it's less than pocket change for them and they wouldn't be doing anything illegal here.