Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Driver license lost behing central console :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was leaving a customer office where I had to give my license to get an access card. Back in the car with my license I put it on the front console (Which was closed). Started to drove. At the first stop I figured they were no energy recuperation so I had to break a bit harder, but nothing crazy... But the license slided on the cover of the console, and went just between the cover of the console and the frame just above!!!! And adios amigos!!! I tried to open the console to see if it was reachable from inside and seems that it pushed it even further. No access from inside. I removed the box just above, still no license. I tried to remove the sides of the console without any success :-/

Does anyone know if there is a way to go behind all of this? Or is my driver license just lost? :(

Reactions: Char
The hole below the screen is called a cubby. You can put pressure on the cubby on the inside corners and push down towards the console. There are metal snaps that hold it in place. Once you have the cubby down, pull it towards the rear of the car a little. There's an opening behind the cubby where you might be able to get your hand down and with your fingers feel the card.

Completely separate.
Other people have reported pushing down on the console's sliding door. They say (I don't know) that there are snap clips to hold the sliding door up in place. They have dropped the door down and reached in above it towards the front of the car/front of the console and can feel the card. Then you can pop the door back in place. Before you try, make a mental note, or maybe use some blue painter's tape to mark the relative position of where it was when you dropped it. I have read this a couple of times on TM and TMC. I have not tried it myself, so I can't tell you how accurate this is. Good luck. Hope you come back and tell us how it went.

• Informative
Reactions: Char
Ha!!!! I was super excited by the video! So I watched it twice, took not of all what is required, went to the car and....

It's very different :( There is no screws close to the USB plugs, the side of the console goes all the way to the back of the seats, etc.

So.... Giving up. I don't want to do any damage :( I will go get a new driver license tomorrow :(