TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Eco-Hitch WITHOUT Ball Mount Adapter??????

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AudubonB, Nov 22, 2016.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

As per thread title: I've been looking at Torklift's hitch products and am wondering why they might sell their ball mount adapter separately from their hitch. Can a product whose interface points down have any functionality without such an adapter?

Stated another way, might I or anyone else possibly have a use for their hitch if not also purchasing said adapter?

2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I believe it's included. Perhaps sell separately as well for those that want both 1.5" and 2"???

3. AudubonB

Aah. That makes sense.

4. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

There is a thread under Model S: Interior and Exterior that the EcoHitch folks participate in semi-regularly. You could probably verify there.

5. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

There are multitude of ball sizes, this way someone can buy whichever they need themselves.

6. AudubonB

brkaus: I unsuccessfully looked for that link. Happy to have this thread subsumed there.
    Zaphod: No, this question is independent of ball size

7. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were asking. I see now, by ball mount adapter I thought you were referring to the actual receiver part where the ball mounts. What they call the ball mount adapter is the hitch part that accepts the receiver. There are still different sizes of receivers though as brkaus mentions.

8. brkaus

brkaus Active Member