Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's one way to get to $130k out of pocket:

Sig Perf: $105,400
Custom paint: $12,000
Pano roof: $1,500
CA tax: $9,800
Delivery : $1,200
Total: $129,900

I think it is pretty disingenuous to include tax and possibly delivery in the 130k figure. If one were to go that route then would it not also be prudent to also subtract the $7,500?

Last edited:
RE: podcast - I wanted to hear more of Dan's stories. There was one that he started and didn't finish. I'm tempted to mail him to ask him to tell the story on his blog or something.

at least Dan was extremely excited about the Model S and that was at the beginning of the recording. No other part of the interview exited him more than the S! I liked his enthusiasm

nlegatt;
Thanks for all the detail and reactions.

Just to check: "A number of times load cars would drive by and I would begin to imagine a city without load clunkers" -- loud cars, loud clunkers?

It's kind of mind-boggling to think of the numbers of explosions contained in ICE engines to make them go, vs. silent switching of current into copper coils to create magnetic rotation of an axle in EVs. Especially obvious when a large Harley with a very small muffler shows off its roar! Or the pick-up I saw/heard last month dragging its exhaust system on the road as it climbed a hill ...
;-p