Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Front Bumper Refresh Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Charles! I may have bought the new louvers, but I ran out of time (and honestly didn't want to spend the money). I didn't move the horn or the homelink or the hood lever. You will notice from the video we hid trim the Tesla Badge Support bracket around the homelink. The new bumper didn't interfere with the hood latch at all...
Thanks Charles! I may have bought the new louvers, but I ran out of time (and honestly didn't want to spend the money). I didn't move the horn or the homelink or the hood lever. You will notice from the video we hid trim the Tesla Badge Support bracket around the homelink. The new bumper didn't interfere with the hood latch at all...
Hi Winix05 wondering if you could make time helping me with my Model S refresh I'm flexible

If anyone wants a facelift bumper conversion done I have an extra bumper and can do the installation. I have my body shop that will paint it to match your paint code on the inside of your driver side door where the vin # is located. Message me for details and pricing
Hi Winix05 wondering if you could make time helping me with my Model S refresh I'm flexible
H I need 1 grille filler piece to purchase

Just did the refresh this morning, ordered all the parts from Tesla except the bumper which I bought used. Still need to get a mesh grill. The hardest part was cutting the bumper to make the old louvres fit.

Attachments

• CAE770E2-D7D2-425B-A2E2-098E9BEA47EF.jpeg
    CAE770E2-D7D2-425B-A2E2-098E9BEA47EF.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 6CA4D1E1-D54A-4634-A4D8-ABE59503F44A.jpeg
    6CA4D1E1-D54A-4634-A4D8-ABE59503F44A.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 260
Just a general question on parts list. How can I purchase those parts? Do I just need to walk in to the service center/parts dept and purchase them or do I need to purchase it from tesla site online?
Thanks for the help.
I walked in to one of the service centers and they said they need the vin number for that year so I can get those parts.
Epc site says over the counter (no vin)?
Obviously I don't have the model s refresh so do I just get any vin number any random car? Or is the service dept guy wrong?

I walked in to one of the service centers and they said they need the vin number for that year so I can get those parts.
Epc site says over the counter (no vin)?
Obviously I don't have the model s refresh so do I just get any vin number any random car? Or is the service dept guy wrong?
You just go to the EPC site... find the refresh part numbers, and then open your Tesla Mobile App and request "Other" service and list the part numbers you want to order. Generally, they won't ask questions since they received your order through the app. They may ask because it's the wrong part for your VIN, just tell them you're updating the bumper and they generally don't care. That's because the old parts are hard to find and backordered compared to the newer parts.

You just go to the EPC site... find the refresh part numbers, and then open your Tesla Mobile App and request "Other" service and list the part numbers you want to order. Generally, they won't ask questions since they received your order through the app. They may ask because it's the wrong part for your VIN, just tell them you're updating the bumper and they generally don't care. That's because the old parts are hard to find and backordered compared to the newer parts.
Thanks @TheCharlesChen ! I am trying that now. My service date is still a week away. I will update this post once I see something.

The SC people were OK but I guess they are not really knowledgeable, and they basically pulled up my info and were "stuck" there saying the parts I wanted don't exist, then I showed them the part # in EPC site, and then the guy asked another guy who said that I can only order parts for my car.
Maybe I should've gone in there and not tell them my info so they don't get "stuck" in that screen.

Hi,
I have done the same on my Tesla S 2016, I replaced it with a used OEM 2019 bumper and of also, I had to I purchase the total of the 4 follwoing items:
The grille support bar trim,The front bummper upper grille molding and the Front Tesla Emblem and some aluminum wire mesh for the lower portion of the new bumper.
I had to do some cut to fit the front lower lights on the new bumper, I also extended the wires for the autopilot sensors. I had to do some cut in the grill support bar to fit the emergency manual front hood opener, and also some holes for the new screws support. Everything was managable except that the
the existing lower splash shield cover (under the bumper) does not fit with the new bumper. Do you have any suggestion in this case?