Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S front shock absorber coil spring replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. My model S shock coil spring has broken. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get any cheaper ones, oem ones cost around 1000$.
64F9D9AA-AC00-4B0D-8C5D-AF588EAA9188.jpeg

Upvote 0
I'm not a car mechanic or at all knowledgeable on this subject. But my 2015 Model S, RWD, just went into the shop and they estimated 2100.00 to replace both front coil/spring assemblies. Is this normal for this car at 115k miles? I'm not happy, but if its not unusual then I'll feel better about it.

Upvote 0
I'm not a car mechanic or at all knowledgeable on this subject. But my 2015 Model S, RWD, just went into the shop and they estimated 2100.00 to replace both front coil/spring assemblies. Is this normal for this car at 115k miles? I'm not happy, but if its not unusual then I'll feel better about it.

It’s not unusual for a higher mileage car to need new shocks. They wear out over time, just like brakes. Especially since our cars weigh 2.5 tons.

With that said, there are way cheaper options than going to the service center, both from a parts and labor perspective. And there is nothing special about how the front struts are installed…any reputable shop can change them out.

Edit: I see you’re in Houston, PM me and I can give you some suggestions

Upvote 0