Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range now $5,000 cheaper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are or at least they're going to have to. I have my P85DL up for sale and received a full price offer for it yesterday. This morning, on the way to the bank, the buyer called to tell me that I'd need to lower my price $10K to account for Tesla lowering their price on a P100DL $20K. I refused of course and the deal fell through. I can't fault the buyer. I would have done the same thing.

As I am a future buyer of a used vehicle, I would agree as well. It'd be a very hard sell to push a 2-3 year old vehicle for 40k less than purchased, but is still within touching distance of a almost new model with better upgrades. I see it often on various for same pages, though, the owners trying to sell their car for close to what they paid for them (not even factoring in their tax rebates). I'm like, "Bro."

I feel for the owners, since it's not their fault that their vehicle's value dropped so suddenly, especially through no fault of their own. On the other hand, I see some owners try to push their 2017 Model for only 20k less than new, and I'm all like "Come the duck on. Minus the tax incentives, you've only dropped 15-10k from new. And you put 40k miles on it!"

As I am a future buyer of a used vehicle, I would agree as well. It'd be a very hard sell to push a 2-3 year old vehicle for 40k less than purchased, but is still within touching distance of a almost new model with better upgrades. I see it often on various for same pages, though, the owners trying to sell their car for close to what they paid for them (not even factoring in their tax rebates). I'm like, "Bro."

I feel for the owners, since it's not their fault that their vehicle's value dropped so suddenly, especially through no fault of their own. On the other hand, I see some owners try to push their 2017 Model for only 20k less than new, and I'm all like "Come the duck on. Minus the tax incentives, you've only dropped 15-10k from new. And you put 40k miles on it!"

There are 1 and 2 year old P100Ds on autotrader for $100K or more. Now that is LUDICROUS:rolleyes:

Reactions: LN1_Casey
The rumor has been that the S would receive an interior makeover to bring it inline with the 3. If I were on the fence about buying a new Tesla, an announcement of such a makeover would prompt me to immediately go out and buy one...
...before the refresh arrives:D

The single screen layout is a non starter for me. If the S ever goes that way it will forever remove me as a customer. I'm already not happy with Tesla for lots of other reasons so common sense tells me that it's best to move on. The problem is nothing can match the driving experience.

Reactions: LN1_Casey and jdw