Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Long Range vs Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Model X long Range owners and Plaid owners. I'm doing a side by side comparison because I'm not sure if the plaid is worth it. I do love speed however price is a factor right now because I'm buying new.

A MXLR with no options besides picking free paint which is fine for me would be 71,990(after 7500 Tax credit + 500 NY Incentive)

A MXP with no options as well would be 94,490(500 NY Incentive)

We're talking about 22,500 in difference for the carbon fiber and speed. Worth or not worth?

Funny enough as I typed the cost difference I think it's laughable that I'm asking but maybe I'm wrong. I'm switching from a MSP100D 2018

Also is the MXLR kinda like the MSLR where the pull is a lot better at speeds 40+?

They have the same drivetrain so the pull at 40+ should be similar, although the X is probably heavier.

Seating is different between the base X and the Plaid. If you compare both with 6 seats, it's closer. I have a Plaid on order and TBH, I'd rather have the 5 seater, whether it's cheaper or not.
I have the 6-seater LR and I'm very happy I went that route.

A friend has a 7-seater and it's really nice in the '23 that there's no console between the middle row seats. This makes access easier and also gives people in the 3rd row somewhere to stretch their legs.

Sometimes I wish I got the Plaid since the price difference for me was only $3500 but I wanted the additional range more than the speed (figured there was no practical reason 670hp wasn't enough and it would just get me in trouble).

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
I have the 6-seater LR and I'm very happy I went that route.

A friend has a 7-seater and it's really nice in the '23 that there's no console between the middle row seats. This makes access easier and also gives people in the 3rd row somewhere to stretch their legs.

Sometimes I wish I got the Plaid since the price difference for me was only $3500 but I wanted the additional range more than the speed (figured there was no practical reason 670hp wasn't enough and it would just get me in trouble).
Gotcha, What I'm seeing is you'd have to get a 5 seater to keep it under 80k seems 5 seats are standard which is totally fine

For the Model X long Range owners and Plaid owners. I'm doing a side by side comparison because I'm not sure if the plaid is worth it. I do love speed however price is a factor right now because I'm buying new.

A MXLR with no options besides picking free paint which is fine for me would be 71,990(after 7500 Tax credit + 500 NY Incentive)

A MXP with no options as well would be 94,490(500 NY Incentive)

We're talking about 22,500 in difference for the carbon fiber and speed. Worth or not worth?

Funny enough as I typed the cost difference I think it's laughable that I'm asking but maybe I'm wrong. I'm switching from a MSP100D 2018

Also is the MXLR kinda like the MSLR where the pull is a lot better at speeds 40+?

We're only getting the Model X because we needed more seats. If you're good with 5 seats and can qualify for the tax credit the Plaid is def not worth 22,500. I justified it to my wife as being only $3500 more

Gotcha, What I'm seeing is you'd have to get a 5 seater to keep it under 80k seems 5 seats are standard which is totally fine
Yeah, that's true.

I purchased mine through my company and there's no cap on the rebate for businesses fortunately, but you're right about that.

Whatever you get, you're going to love it! First car I've ever had that I love this much... Not an ounce of buyer's remorse (even when I wrote that first check for $2500).

• Funny
Yeah, that's true.

I purchased mine through my company and there's no cap on the rebate for businesses fortunately, but you're right about that.

Whatever you get, you're going to love it! First car I've ever had that I love this much... Not an ounce of buyer's remorse (even when I wrote that first check for $2500).
You're saying through your business there's no cap for the 7500 tax credit?

Correct.

There's a better explanation somewhere that I found on this site, but here's something on the IRS website to show this:

Correct.

There's a better explanation somewhere that I found on this site, but here's something on the IRS website to show this:

gotcha gotcha, I would still qualify personally for the credit but for business this is good to know as well.

Reactions: GrayGhost6