Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range now $5,000 cheaper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really is amazing. I've been periodically going in and customizing what I'd order now over the past several months. Now, a Raven Long Range optioned out like I want it, is $20,000 less than my 2015 85D that I bought 4 years ago. With 100 more miles of range, FSD capable, etc.

I think everyone for their own mental health should decide not to check the forums or price changes for at least 6 months post-order.

Exactly what I did after I bought my 85D originally.

Only came back because I'm looking to buy a new one. I will be gone after then. :D

Amazing. Long range is now cheaper than my 70D was in 2015, even though it now has air suspension and the better audio system and various other goodies that were extra then. But if only there was a sunroof option....

It is amazing - my Performance L was $5000 more than I paid for my 85D in July 2015, while the long range would have been much less.

Do you have the 7 day return option on your order?

I think so, but it's irrelevant now. They just switched me to the new "price book" as they call it. So I'm getting new price and it's already reflected in the account. I think if the option mix was different I wouldn't be able to get old options, but this time around everything else is the same. So I just got $5,000 price reduction. :D Lucky timing...

Yep, it's kind of ridiculous now.

I had put money down for a used P100DL, but they just effectively lowered the base price for that from $116,000 to $99,000. Not the same deal any more.

Like for example they're selling a P100DL with 35,000 miles on it and no options (with the pearl white color too, which is now the basic color) for $92,800. You can get a new one for $99,000.... so 2 years and 35,000 miles later the depreciation is only 7 percent? Sure thing.

The prices should adjust to be more appropriate for the used marking, but it's a slower beast than the new market.

Why aren’t the used vehicles getting cheaper? It only makes sense that would happen, but I find many things don’t makes a lot of sense here.

Lawrence

They are or at least they're going to have to. I have my P85DL up for sale and received a full price offer for it yesterday. This morning, on the way to the bank, the buyer called to tell me that I'd need to lower my price $10K to account for Tesla lowering their price on a P100DL $20K. I refused of course and the deal fell through. I can't fault the buyer. I would have done the same thing.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
It's comical to hear the current price complaints. After the federal tax credit and state rebates, my 2014 Model S Classic cost $91K out the door in 2014 dollars (roughly $98K in 2019 dollars). No air suspension, no upgraded audio system, no autopilot, no dual-motors, 1st gen seats, no summon capability, no sentry mode/dashcam, and only 265 miles of range (currently running about 258). I do have the pano roof, which I hardly ever open.

I still love the car. Quit 'yer bitchin'.

YES! Lack of the opening pano roof is pretty close to a deal killer for me.
We waited too long on our early S, so we missed the solid metal roof time-frame, which was actually the1st choice on our list - 2nd choice was vented roof that we ended up with, & lastly - we too found all glass as a deal breaker.
Why aren’t the used vehicles getting cheaper? It only makes sense that would happen, but I find many things don’t makes a lot of sense here.

Lawrence
Don't forget, when you see an overpriced used Tesla, it need not be a head scratcher. That's the price that it's NOT selling for.

Last edited:
$120k out door (after fed tax credit) for 100D, FSD, pano/sunroof, just all the fixens June 2017, AP2. About 2 months prior to a 5k price drop and few months more for AP3. Big difference (for me) between AP 2 and 3: No dash cam, no Sentry mode, no lane departure assist, lane departure warning does not work (should it?), and I am sure a plethora of other bits I don’t/won’t get cause I am AP2.

So what. Luv the car. Happy to be able to participate as an early adopter. Maybe in 5 years I will trade it in (when it’s worth about $20k) just to help out and get the coolest car I ever had .... again. Saving my pennies now.

Reactions: navguy12