Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S LR Multiple Errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model S LR 9 days ago and when I got in my car today, I was 5+ warnings/errors:

Stability control disabled, Steering assist disabled, Auto pilot disabled, traction control disabled, and some more that I don't remember.

I then called the roadside assist and talk to the tesla rep to try and trouble shoot but nothing worked and ended up towing it to the service center (scratched my bottom front bumper in process). Its been three days and service technician are unable to locate what caused it. Now when they are saying system is not showing any of those warnings/errors that I was getting. Has anyone else have run into same problem with their new refresh models?

Reactions: Noodle Asylum
I had taken my Refreshed S into the Service Center earlier today for little/misc stuff (like Netflix, etc…is blank screen and won’t load)…I say this because errors like this or (in my case) DashCam and Sentry are not working right in that no icons appear on screen, etc.

Outside of this little annoyance stuff…Loving the car!

Anyway, while at the service center, I asked about all this and whether it might be “chip” related.

He confirmed (at least some of) the Refresh vehicles had different chips and so these multiple software errors seem like something that might be related in their having to iron out over time, as they were scrambling to get chips in the cars it sounds like.

It’ll be interesting to see if they can resolve the Dashcam and Sentry Icons issue and Netflix or if it’s gonna be a situation whether they too can’t fix and we have to wait for a software update - code re-writes for the new chips or something like that.

I’m guessing at -all- of this but…just thought I’d share since I saw your post and wondered if it could ALL be related on the new S’s.

I had similar warnings. No autopilot, No Hold mode, etc. I tried rebooting the car numerous times. Didn't work. Plugged it in and woke up the next day and they were all gone and working fine. I think the car repaired itself during deep sleep. Who knows. But there are a number of software items and bugs that still haven't been ironed out. Tesla service is telling me they are coming in the next big update.

I had similar warnings. No autopilot, No Hold mode, etc. I tried rebooting the car numerous times. Didn't work. Plugged it in and woke up the next day and they were all gone and working fine. I think the car repaired itself during deep sleep. Who knows. But there are a number of software items and bugs that still haven't been ironed out. Tesla service is telling me they are coming in the next big update.
My car fixed itself too as now there are no errors or warnings but the service tech want to ensure that it wont happen again while driving. I called them today and they are running multiple diagnostics while being in touch with a team in Nevada and California trying to locate the problem. It seems like many people are having problem with the new refresh models. Apart from this problems, I am absoloutely loving the car.

I had taken my Refreshed S into the Service Center earlier today for little/misc stuff (like Netflix, etc…is blank screen and won’t load)…I say this because errors like this or (in my case) DashCam and Sentry are not working right in that no icons appear on screen, etc.

Outside of this little annoyance stuff…Loving the car!

Anyway, while at the service center, I asked about all this and whether it might be “chip” related.

He confirmed (at least some of) the Refresh vehicles had different chips and so these multiple software errors seem like something that might be related in their having to iron out over time, as they were scrambling to get chips in the cars it sounds like.

It’ll be interesting to see if they can resolve the Dashcam and Sentry Icons issue and Netflix or if it’s gonna be a situation whether they too can’t fix and we have to wait for a software update - code re-writes for the new chips or something like that.

I’m guessing at -all- of this but…just thought I’d share since I saw your post and wondered if it could ALL be related on the new S’s.
I have had the same thought of problems related to the different chips their using. I was enjoying this car so much that I cant wait to get my car back.

I had the same thing. steering assist, traction, autopilot, lane assist, progressive breaking all stopped working. Soft start, and deep soft start did not fix the problem. The car is driveable, and now at the service center. I have yet to hear the end result. I am too was enjoying the car

Exact issues happened to my 2012 Model S P85 when I tried to drive it on a Sunday evening after parking it on Friday evening. An OTA got installed just an hour ago and I had to go through the exact process of what OP mentioned with the exact set of errors. Had the car towed to service center which has been sitting there for two weeks. They're heavily backed up. I just got a call that they will replace the 12v battery and the rear drive unit. Since the car is out of warranty, this is going to cost me $2k+ in total. I wasn't driving the car when these errors popped up. The car was just running fine until Fri evening, no errors, no noise, nothing. How could the rear drive unit fail just like that? Why those warnings popped up right after an OTA update? I'm terribly disappointed.

I got my Model S LR 9 days ago and when I got in my car today, I was 5+ warnings/errors:

Stability control disabled, Steering assist disabled, Auto pilot disabled, traction control disabled, and some more that I don't remember.

I then called the roadside assist and talk to the tesla rep to try and trouble shoot but nothing worked and ended up towing it to the service center (scratched my bottom front bumper in process). Its been three days and service technician are unable to locate what caused it. Now when they are saying system is not showing any of those warnings/errors that I was getting. Has anyone else have run into same problem with their new refresh models?
What is the outcome as I now have had this twice. First time it was fine the next day. Now it’s getting towed in. 5k miles LR refresh. This is insane. I can’t depend on this car at $95k

I had the same thing. steering assist, traction, autopilot, lane assist, progressive breaking all stopped working. Soft start, and deep soft start did not fix the problem. The car is driveable, and now at the service center. I have yet to hear the end result. I am too was enjoying the car
I wish someone would post their results : outcome. None of the resets work.

I wish someone would post their results : outcome. None of the resets work.
This is the best response I've seen. Have you had yours fixed?