Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

multiple systems disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I was backing out of my driveway and all of a sudden I heard a thunk (didn't hit anything). Right after, I received multiple warnings from my Tesla:
- stability control disabled
- traction control disabled
- steering assist disabled
- adaptive ride control disabled

When I drive her, there's no regenerative braking and I have to brake manually as well. I've sent a service request but the first available appt isn't for another 2 weeks. Kinda scared to drive the vehicle given the above warnings. Any idea what caused it? It's a new 2023 MS that's about 4 months old with 900 miles on it.

Reactions: bernal.dennis@
If you heard or felt a "thunk," I would think a suspension or drivetrain failure might be happening. Control arm or linkage might have failed and causing the wheel speed sensor to error therefore traction and stability control disabled. I recommend not driving the car and having a mechanic inspect the car. Perhaps going into Service Mode on the MCU2 might shed some light.

Ok it gets even weirder. Despite getting the warnings above, I managed to drive the car to work. After 11 hours parked in the lot, when I got back in the vehicle all the warnings were cleared! Even in service mode, the service alerts that were previously there were cleared.

Car seems to drive normally now, regenerative braking is back on. Very odd!

Reactions: worldtraveller
Hmmm that is definitely very strange take a video or screenshot next time it happens so you have proof to show SC

Maybe just a upgrade over the air by Tesla without letting you know. When you open a ticket they will always see if it software related or hardware and if software they send it over the air reset without even you noticing it

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Almost the same thing happened to me. I was getting off an exit and the traction control disabled. I then got error messages, APP_w009 (automatic emergency breaking disabled), DI_a222 (stability control disabled), and DI_a223 (traction control disabled). I didn't hit anything and the roads were dry. Nor did it rain recently. Regenerative breaking was totally nonexistent, it was like driving a regular car for the rest of the trip. Vehicle is brand spanking new (as in, I just picked it up 3 days ago). I parked it in my driveway, returned sometime later and put it into drive and there were no active error messages and it felt fine.

I put in a service request and I'm taking it in first thing in the morning. I hope it's nothing serious, but in any event that is very disappointing that I need a service call after driving for 3 days.

Just happened to my 2020 S yesterday. No previous issues like this in the past. No regen, errors for abs, park assist, stability control, traction control, etc.

I found this thread below which lead me here. Also put in a service request (which is almost 2 weeks out) but will try Roadside service. The car is kind of drivable.

Just happened to my 2020 S yesterday. No previous issues like this in the past. No regen, errors for abs, park assist, stability control, traction control, etc.

I found this thread below which lead me here. Also put in a service request (which is almost 2 weeks out) but will try Roadside service. The car is kind of drivable.

This just happened to me this morning. Drove around the block, drives fine. But no systems. Service will be available to check it out in 2 weeks... till then I will drive my other car. Crazy

Today, I was backing out of my driveway and all of a sudden I heard a thunk (didn't hit anything). Right after, I received multiple warnings from my Tesla:
- stability control disabled
- traction control disabled
- steering assist disabled
- adaptive ride control disabled

When I drive her, there's no regenerative braking and I have to brake manually as well. I've sent a service request but the first available appt isn't for another 2 weeks. Kinda scared to drive the vehicle given the above warnings. Any idea what caused it? It's a new 2023 MS that's about 4 months old with 900 miles on it.
This has just happened exactly the same to my MY 2023. Owned for 3 months. Waiting for service or secret software upgrade!!!

This has just happened exactly the same to my MY 2023. Owned for 3 months. Waiting for service or secret software upgrade!!!
Got my.car serviced. They replaced a rear ABS sensor, I drove it home all was working. Parked it for a few days, went to go use it today. Everything messed up again. Immediately scheduled service again... (here we go again)

Very disappointed

• Informative
Has something similar on my 2021, there is a service bulletin about retrofitting an HCU wake-up wire. This fixed my problem
IMG_0530.jpeg

Dropped car back off. My appointment was over 2 weeks away and I didn't want to drive it in its current state of messed up. Was given a courtesy car, and told the repair will be done in in 2 days. I guess complaining does work sometimes. TBH, they should have been more proactive when they saw it failed again after 1 mile of driving.

Hi all. This set of error messages usually comes up in three cases: bad 12V battery, problems with a certain wheel speed sensor (or its wire), or also bad ground connection. Additionally (pretty rarely but still happens), I would check the ABS module and the software in terms of possible glitches. Unfortunately, dealers are very often helpless and DIY inspection gives more results. I live in a country with 0 Tesla dealers, so I have to do it on my own :)

same happened to me yesterday on a brand new 2023 MX Plaid, barely 400 miles delivered in November - was slowly backing into my garage with the wheel turned when I heard a a bit of thump and felt vibration and the car started rolling as if in neutral even though sound and screen indicated it’s still in reverse. The above 4 warnings popped up in some order and started cycling on my driver screen. Attempts to switch to drive led to the same bizarre rolling as if car was in neutral. Same backing up. Rolled it forward in this mode so I could clear my garage and parked - soft reboot didn’t change anything.

Called roadside assist as I deemed this unsafe to attempt driving and they scheduled pickup to nearby SC. The operator instructed me to check if tow mode was available. I clicked it and then exited it. Weirdly that cleared all errors and car seemed to be driveable again. Chose to have towed anyways and driver got it on the bed under its own power but now it’s sitting in a service center lot with a week lead time for anyone to diagnose it.

Wondering if I should have just kept it home and try regular service as now I’ll miss a bunch of other appointments like detail shop and fit and finish service they have been looking at for a 3rd time.

Any clue on what this might be?

My tesla is 2023 MYP. Bought 6 months ago. The errors happened to my car this week. 4 or 5 times. It is scary and dangerous it happened while driving. Everything disable all of a sudden. I scheduled for next Wednesday. Anyone got it fixed and what was the reason that the tesla people told you?

• Informative