Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

multiple systems disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It started after the cold week we had last week here in ohio. The temperature is around 10°F for couple days. Don't know if it has anything to do with what happen. Im bringing my car on Wednesday for tesla to check.

On my 2023 MXP the service center ended up replacing the steering rack due to a faulty sensor and did realignment. No idea why the entire rack had to be replaced and not just the bad sensor. These issues need immediate service - they relate to safely operating the vehicle on a very basic level.

It started after the cold week we had last week here in ohio. The temperature is around 10°F for couple days. Don't know if it has anything to do with what happen. Im bringing my car on Wednesday for tesla to check. It
On my 2023 MXP the service center ended up replacing the steering rack due to a faulty sensor and did realignment. No idea why the entire rack had to be replaced and not just the bad sensor. These issues need immediate service - they relate to safely operating the vehicle on a very basic level.
Yea. I want sooner but the earliest they have is next Wednesday. Hopefully it doesn't do anything crazy before then. We only have one car.

This is so weird.. My MXP just did this for the first time today too and it only happens sometimes when putting it into reverse. I think it's a software issue with the recent update. Traction control disabled, stability control disabled, automatic emergency braking disabled, reduced steering assist, something suspension too. Car can still drive just fine but it maintains it's speed instead of one pedal driving. I have to brake to make it slow down

My car couldn’t switch into gear and just kept rolling as if in neutral until I activated tow mode and that “fixed” it. But yeah I agree there’s some issue with software and sensors involved. You may want to report to service they can pull the car logs.

Same problem for my '23 X.....service center advises new steering rack needed. I've seen this reported on here a few times already....I wonder if this is a more widespread problem in which Tesla will address with a new part?

Mine did this once. Like better part of a dozen errors. Steering was effed, no regen braking, no arc, no abs. Suuuuper dangerous.

I blame tesla cheapibg out on the wiring harness and daisy chaining everything versus having multiple redundant systems

This happened to me yesterday. All the same error messages. Today I went back to my garage, which is a level surface and put the car in the service mode. While in service mode, I ran 2 tests. “Reset Learned Tire Values” and “Calibrate Steering Column” twice. After these ran I exited service mode and it started working fine. I had full self driving back as well as sentry mode and brake regen.