Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S must have interior accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm almost ready to pull a trigger on a preowned Model S
What are the must have interior accessories that Model S owners purchase after having the car.
Weathertech mats are on my mind
What else is needed for interior

It depends on the year of the car you are purchasing. Does it have the newer center console, yet?

I have a 2016 model, and have added the following:

- Magnetic pivoting cell phone holder from Abstract Ocean (Combined w. a phone case that has a built-in magnet)
- Keyring fob protector from Abstract Ocean
- Auto Lift Kit for Parcel Shelf from Abstract Ocean
- Screen cleaner from Abstract Ocean
- Upgraded interior and puddle lighs from RPM Tesla (these are the brightest I could find; I did not want the less bright "S" or Tesla "T" lights)
- TESLA door sill illumination from Norm
- Chrome trunk Sill Inserts from Amazon
- Cheapo aluminum pedals from Amazon
- Seat Back organizer from Amazon (an improved version is available at Evannex)
- Headliner clothes hooks from Evannex
- Trunk organizer for the compartment under the trunk
- Valentine 1 Radar Detector (Doesn't detect radar through the metal coated windshield, but detects LIDAR)
- Owl Camera
- Michelin digital tire gauge
- And unfortunately, I need to use plastic clips for my seatbelt, so the shoulder belt doesn't cut into my neck

That's a good list @IchDochNicht but I ahve a question about why the V1? Here in Ontario, they are illegal, so I don't use one but back when I lived in NYC, I did have one and the V1 was the standard but my understanding was that the Uniden R7 is now the king of the radar detectors?
There may be better options out there by now. I've had my V1 for about 17 years now. Bought it after I was pulled over in my Porsche 928 near King City, CA - a well known (but not to me) speed trap. The only ticket I got since then was from an officer who paced me. He claimed I was doing 94, but I know for sure he was lying: I never exceeded 93. He wrote me up for a little less and sent me on my merry way.

At that point it is basically just a ticket detector :D if you get an alert for lidar, it is already too late... Check out rdforum.org to help against lidar
To a degree, you are correct. But in my past experience, I often get warnings from lidar scatter, and can slow down before it is aimed at me. A much bigger problem these days are the laser based cruise controls in Volvos and Mazdas - they cause a lot of false alarms.

If you buy a pre-mid 2016 Model S, get yourself a Evamped RGB center console. It's killer.
I love this product, as it is probably the most stable cup holder you can retrofit.

An alternative at this price point is a used Tesla center arm rest. Many people are dumping those because the spring mechanism of the lid tends to break. But while you don't need the spring mechanism, it's nice to have a center arm rest when you carry less than 5 people in the car.

You can see it in this thread:
Grey Leather Dye

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I agree, the Evamped drawers work very well, as do others.
This actually made me LOL because of the last part "as do others".

Only on an internet forum could something as trivial as a cubby drawer be controversial but alas, it is true. So, well played with the last part of the sentence. I also have a cubby that I like, but dare not say where I purchased it!

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I wouldn't get the WeatherTech mats. They are the cheapest and ugliest looking mats on the market right now. I got these instead - https://www.amazon.ca/TuxMat-2014-2...at+model+s&qid=1566405289&s=automotive&sr=1-1
I actually prefer the OEM Weathertech liners to the ones you posted. There's also the 3D Maxpider Kagu which is a real nice option too. There's probably 4 or 5 different versions of an all weather mat for these cars so I'd say to check them all out since something like look is so subjective. That's why they make so many different variants... everyone can go with what they prefer and there's really no wrong answer.

I don't want WeatherTech mats. They make me feel like I'm riding around in a work crew truck. I do not mean to cast aspersions at work crews or their trucks, but that's not really the feel I'm looking for in my MS. Rather, I've been quite happy with the mats that came with the car. They are comfortable, look good, and are easy to clean (mine are black, so that might have something to do with it). I suggest living with your car for, at least, a short time to see if you want different mats.

The console is far from ideal, but it didn't take me long to figure out how to make it work for my needs. Again, I recommend that you live with your car for a little while to see what would work best for you. You may want something other than what has been suggested, and you may want nothing at all.

The only things I added to or changed in my '17 MS are (1) something to hold your phone (Abstract Ocean has a pretty good one that hangs off an A/C vent and has good Qi charging), (2) brighter lights for the car interior (again, AO has good ones), and (3) a USB adapter for the "power point" (i.e., old cigarette lighter).

Forgot one item:

- Model 3 Screen Cleaning Cloth from Abstract Ocean (currently unavailable) - thick, high quality material and a really neat design.

Good gracious! I keep a small microfiber in my MS for cleaning my MCU screen, instrument cluster, and rear camera, but $4 for a single towel is a heck of a lot. Just get a box of one or two dozen of those for not a whole lot more money and use them all over the house.

I don't want WeatherTech mats. They make me feel like I'm riding around in a work crew truck. I do not mean to cast aspersions at work crews or their trucks, but that's not really the feel I'm looking for in my MS. Rather, I've been quite happy with the mats that came with the car. They are comfortable, look good, and are easy to clean (mine are black, so that might have something to do with it).
That's why I also don't like the WeatherTechs. I've had them in two cars and I have to say they used to be the best out there 10 years ago. They never updated or improved the mats over the years and now there are so many other better choices now such as the ones that @Ostrichsak mentioned.
Good gracious! I keep a small microfiber in my MS for cleaning my MCU screen, instrument cluster, and rear camera, but $4 for a single towel is a heck of a lot. Just get a box of one or two dozen of those for not a whole lot more money and use them all over the house.
Same here. Duh! :)