Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S official Cargo Capacity with seats down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Does anyone know the official cargo capacity of the model S with rear seats down?

When I search google, it says: "26.3 ft³, 60.2 ft³ with seat area" I don't know if the 60.2 ft3 includes front seat as well or is it just rear seat down and including frunk"?

I'm looking into getting an used S but my fear is not my 7-piece drum set and rack won't fit it in which will be a huge deal for me. Currently it fits in my VW GTI but that has 53 ft3 with the rear seats down due to its high ceiling all the way to the rear of the car.

Thanks!!

58.1 cu. ft. with seats down according to Tesla Model S Specifications

Our 2015 Model S P85D can carry everything our a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV that it replaced... including my XXL 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower 27.5+ "fattie" MTB and my wife's M 2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er MTB with their wheels on. Even the folks at The Path Bike Shop were shocked!

If you're serious about buying a Model S and absolutely want to know if your specific stuff will fit, ask one of our local Orange County Tesla Stores for an "Overnight Test Drive" and see if your stuff will fit. Our kids just did that before buying their Model 3.

Reactions: arcus and croman
58.1 cu. ft. with seats down according to Tesla Model S Specifications

Our 2015 Model S P85D can carry everything our a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV that it replaced... including my XXL 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower 27.5+ "fattie" MTB and my wife's M 2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er MTB with their wheels on. Even the folks at The Path Bike Shop were shocked!

If you're serious about buying a Model S and absolutely want to know if your specific stuff will fit, ask one of our local Orange County Tesla Stores for an "Overnight Test Drive" and see if your stuff will fit. Our kids just did that before buying their Model 3.

Thanks so much! That’s great to know. I’ll ask about the overnight test drive, I didn’t know that was a thing.

Thanks so much! That’s great to know. I’ll ask about the overnight test drive, I didn’t know that was a thing.

My pleasure. We've had our 2015 Model S P85D for 44 months and love it. Since we live in "The O.C." too you may have seen it!

PM me if you need a Tesla "referral code" for 1,000 miles of free Supercharging with a new Tesla purchase... or have any other questions. We just helped our kids (advice not $$$) with their Tesla purchase, $375 Signature Tesla Wall Connector, electrical load calc & permit, electrical contractor selection, and wiring specs for their new Model 3 DM LR. I'm also an expert on real estate (retired industrial real estate broker) and solar (both RV and residential)... both which helped our kids buy a new home AND their new Tesla concurrently. :cool:

Sadly our kids bought their Tesla during the couple of weeks Tesla discontinued their referral program :( But they did get their M3 DM LR before the recent price increase and got a free upgrade to 19" wheels & tires. :cool:

Un-Official Cargo capacity - a 65" flat screen TV... in it's original packaging... :)

IMG_0235.jpeg

Appreciate the offer! I actually just pulled the trigger on a used 2015 85D today, which comes with free supercharging for the life of that car. Price went down by $600 for whatever reason after I talked to a sales rep just yesterday. Maybe he tried to incentivize me to get it today, if so, it worked!

A bit nervous about the condition as it's hard to tell on the pictures, but worst case, I turn it away upon delivery and use the deposit on another Tesla.

65" TV fit is impressive! My GTI had trouble fitting my 55" with seats down.

Appreciate the offer! I actually just pulled the trigger on a used 2015 85D today, which comes with free supercharging for the life of that car. Price went down by $600 for whatever reason after I talked to a sales rep just yesterday. Maybe he tried to incentivize me to get it today, if so, it worked!

A bit nervous about the condition as it's hard to tell on the pictures, but worst case, I turn it away upon delivery and use the deposit on another Tesla.

Congratulations! Glad you found one! I hope you love yours as much as we do ours. :cool:

Reactions: drummerboy7816
I saw this thread and had to go back and find this picture. Everything in this picture was in the car. (Except the rope.) That cabinet is almost a cube too.View attachment 393190There is one more drum to the set. It would have fit but the dog occupied a seat.

Awesome.. Your pic made me very confident in fitting my stuff! That's for sure much more than mine, especially with the individual hard shell protection and that giant cabinet! I just have soft shell case on bass drum and floor tom, then a 4 tom/snare in 1 bag that's pretty compact, 2 Gibraltar stealth racks with the cymbal arms all attached, throne, 1 cymbal bag, and hi hat stand.

Awesome.. Your pic made me very confident in fitting my stuff! That's for sure much more than mine, especially with the individual hard shell protection and that giant cabinet! I just have soft shell case on bass drum and floor tom, then a 4 tom/snare in 1 bag that's pretty compact, 2 Gibraltar stealth racks with the cymbal arms all attached, throne, 1 cymbal bag, and hi hat stand.
Ah, no problem - but you may have to dismantle the racks. Then they'll fit in the basement. (If you don't have rear-facing seats.)

It shocks me how much the Model S can hold! The guys at the hardware store warehouse thought I was crazy thinking that I'd attempt to put two huge window wells into the back. I told them confidently, "don't worry, they'll fit.". They were shocked when they both fit in with lots of room to spare haha!

Not only is my Model S crazy fast, but I've never owned a more practical car! The hatchback is amazing for fitting big boxes, tons of space, tons of power, no fuel costs, amazing infotainment, continuous upgrades, and amazing in the snow!