Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Paint Correction and Opti Coat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of months ago I bought a MS 85D with deep metallic blue paint as a used car with about 18,000 miles on it. The car was in good shape, but the owner had never had the car professionally detailed and the paint had some pretty bad swirl marks from someone using a power buffer to polish it. The car had great potential, but it needed help.

I have always had Joe Torbati from OC Detailing take care of our cars and apply Opti Coat to protect the paint, so I brought the MS to him to see what he could do. Joe put over 60 hours into the paint correction, wheels-off detailing and interior cleaning and the end result is an amazing job making the deep metallic blue shine again. Joe was able to remove all of the swirls and he put a finish on the car that is absolutely amazing. I also love how easy the Opti finish cleans up too, which makes a no rinse wash quick and easy to keep the car looking sharp. Joe also applied Opti to the wheels and the car’s interior surfaces and installed a ceramic tint on the windows. I think the car looks great!

I highly recommend Joe’s services for anyone in the Bay Area. Joe has moved his business to Fremont and he is now just a couple of miles from the Tesla factory. (Some of you may remember Joe when he was formerly at Orinda Motors, but he has now opened his own shop).

OC Detailing
37451 Jansen Terrace
Fremont, Ca 94536
(925) 457-4703

Thanks Joe!
20160726_144455412_iOS.jpg
20160726_144508453_iOS 1.jpg
20160726_144508453_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bet TSLA
A couple of months ago I bought a MS 85D with deep metallic blue paint as a used car with about 18,000 miles on it. The car was in good shape, but the owner had never had the car professionally detailed and the paint had some pretty bad swirl marks from someone using a power buffer to polish it. The car had great potential, but it needed help.

I have always had Joe Torbati from OC Detailing take care of our cars and apply Opti Coat to protect the paint, so I brought the MS to him to see what he could do. Joe put over 60 hours into the paint correction, wheels-off detailing and interior cleaning and the end result is an amazing job making the deep metallic blue shine again. Joe was able to remove all of the swirls and he put a finish on the car that is absolutely amazing. I also love how easy the Opti finish cleans up too, which makes a no rinse wash quick and easy to keep the car looking sharp. Joe also applied Opti to the wheels and the car’s interior surfaces and installed a ceramic tint on the windows. I think the car looks great!

I highly recommend Joe’s services for anyone in the Bay Area. Joe has moved his business to Fremont and he is now just a couple of miles from the Tesla factory. (Some of you may remember Joe when he was formerly at Orinda Motors, but he has now opened his own shop).

OC Detailing
37451 Jansen Terrace
Fremont, Ca 94536
(925) 457-4703

Thanks Joe!
View attachment 204189 View attachment 204190 View attachment 204191
I've been wanting to get Opti done on my 2 month old MS. Can you give me some idea of cost? Btw - window tint looks great too