Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Model S Plaid downgraded from 10.4 to 10.2 without warning

My Model S Plaid was running 10.4 FSD (2021.36.?) I can't remember the exact number. Yesterday the 2021.40.6 update came to my car but took away my FSD beta and set me to 10.2. I never received any warnings and never had Auto pilot disengage for failures. I now have the Safety Score back in my app as well. Anyone know the cause or have experience with this? I was really enjoying 10.4 in my city as it was actually working decently.

I don't believe this to be the case. My car has never turned off autopilot for any failures making me wait until the trip was over. I assume this is AP jail. I also do not recall any times the car made me force my attention on the road. It, as always, asked me to nudge the wheel every so often to confirm I am paying attention but nothing out of the ordinary.

I don't believe this to be the case. My car has never turned off autopilot for any failures making me wait until the trip was over. I assume this is AP jail. I also do not recall any times the car made me force my attention on the road. It, as always, asked me to nudge the wheel every so often to confirm I am paying attention but nothing out of the ordinary.
Definitely not AP jail then. But if the car made a sound to nudge you, that's one of 3 strikes. Was that the case?

For reference (from Twitter, not mine):
And a correction: 3 miles, 5 kilometers. My bad from last post. Was from memory.
FCMz3nXUUAAO7SI

Thanks for that information. I don't recall any sound. Just the gray/white visual queue to apply pressure one direction or the other on the wheel. I also never received any email like the one above.
If the visual queue is a trigger then that seems strange as my car sometimes asked me to nudge the wheel even while my hands are on it and I am looking at the road.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC