Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid / Refresh - not turning off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my car for five months and 6,000 miles. It is my 4th Model S and this car is simply amazing.

One item that is inconsistent with my car is "turning off" . I typically stop the car, press Park or release my seat belt and exit. Sometimes the screens go black (which I know the car is "off") and sometimes the screens are still on. I then usually open the drivers door, passenger rear door, a couple times and it will usually go dark.

Your thoughts if this a software issue, seat sensor, etc? thanks

I've had my car for five months and 6,000 miles. It is my 4th Model S and this car is simply amazing.

One item that is inconsistent with my car is "turning off" . I typically stop the car, press Park or release my seat belt and exit. Sometimes the screens go black (which I know the car is "off") and sometimes the screens are still on. I then usually open the drivers door, passenger rear door, a couple times and it will usually go dark.

Your thoughts if this a software issue, seat sensor, etc? thanks

Traditionally, the screen displays would turn off if the car is locked.

If it is not locked, the displays would time out in minutes but not immediately.

Did you confirm with the phone app for the lock status of your car when this happens?

Reactions: Malibuscott