Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CCB setups are still pretty limited in quantity. Europe got a total of 37 kits.

I do not yet know the numbers for the US.
How many S Plaids have they sold delivered in Europe. Is that ratio of CCB kits to cars better or worse than in the US I wonder.

Is there really not something weird about not having enough track packages to meet demand (selling out in hours or a day at most), and still being out of stock. Also not actually having them yet to install on customers' cars. Yeah, I get that it's Tesla or whatever, but it almost seems like they don't actually want many customers to have them, or they don't want that many customers to be able to unlock 200mph. I mean, you can hardly build up more demand - people clearly already want them.

Another small update, it appears the new knuckles are only required and installed if the 20”’ track pack wheels were ordered. Apparently the new knuckles allow a little more clearance for the wider wheels and tires and this is possibly why the wheels were $1000 discounted with the brake conversion, since they would already be doing work.

Reactions: asimo3089
Has anyone ordered with a 2023 model year ? If so were new knuckles mentioned in your cost estimate ?

I’m now hearing that 2023 models already have the updated knuckles and only 2021-2022 will need them replaced.

The knuckles have the same caliper bolt spacing so that isn’t the reason for retrofit. Someone mentioned the new knuckles improve ride quality and Tesla is including them on the 2021-2022 conversions.

This kind of makes sense because someone from Europe with a 2023 ordered a set of wheels from Jova (the company I have make all of my wheels) and they used the default 64.1mm hub measurement, and he reported to me that the 64.1mm is too big.

Waiting to hear back from him when he's able to take measurements, but something is definitely different on the 23+ is sounds like.

Does anyone here have a 23 that wouldn't mind to measure out the hub diameter?

Last edited:
This kind of makes sense because someone from Europe with a 2023 ordered a set of wheels from Jova (the company I have make all of my wheels) and they used the default 64.1mm hub measurement, and he reported to me that the 64.1mm is too big.

Waiting to hear back from him when he's able to take measurements, but something is definitely different on the 23+ is sounds like.

Does anyone here have a 23 that wouldn't mind to measure out the hub diameter? This is the one I did a few days ago on my 21 for verification.
Hub size spec should NOT have changed. All wheels are still compatible with the latest/new revision of knuckle and hub.

Reactions: Sam1
Hub size spec should NOT have changed. All wheels are still compatible with the latest/new revision of knuckle and hub.
Yeah that's the confusing part. I wouldn't think they would change the hub size because it would negate the use of previous wheels.

Just trying to make sure because the dude can't take measurements for a few weeks. Was hoping someone with a '23 could do it for verification.