Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
finally got the car back. Arrived in Tesla to an Empty Service Center, Rockville is not a good location if you wish to speak to anyone. I just took the car and left. I noticed in the service menu the wheel and tire options are 19 tempest or 21 arachnid. Does not look like Tesla has added the track pack wheel and tire yet. Tesla also performed an alignment and left several values in the red. Not sure what that’s about but something to discuss when I take the truck over to get my stock parts. Overall, this experience took well over a month I would rate this 0/10. Would not recommend. My service manager made it very clear that the track packs do not get any sort of special treatment. They took several days to do the alignment and acknowledged that a 10 year old model S will be ahead of you in line. They are in no hurry to help a customer who spent good money on an optional upgrade.

They also said they cannot fix the vibration that happens around 30 mph. They acknowledge it is a problem and have no intentions of sorting it out. I was notified that they will let me know if a fix becomes available in the future.

The service manager acknowledged they were not prepared to do the track pack install. No one at the facility was trained and took their “lead tech” a month to do the install. It was clear that I was the guinea pig for this training experiment. I just wish they had been transparent at the beginning and said let us either get some training or send you to a different service center that is more qualified to perform the install. Tesla really should get their service up to par considering they are selling six-figure cars now. At the end of the day as an enthusiast, I still love the vehicle even more so now with the new brakes. It is a substantial improvement however for the lack of proper service and time it took Tesla to get me my brand new vehicle back I wonder if the lucid or turbo S wouldn’t have been a better choice.

Fingers are crossed these brakes hold up long-term. I am more than happy to provide any additional photos if anyone would like to see close-ups or details.
Like the others, thanks for sharing your experience. It looks like it's still a bit of the luck of the draw, thus my suggestion to compile of a list of go to track pack install TSCs should they even exist in the first place.

Selfishly, LA metro would be fantastic. I'm still scheduled to drop mine off at Alhambra in a few weeks.

finally got the car back. Arrived in Tesla to an Empty Service Center, Rockville is not a good location if you wish to speak to anyone. I just took the car and left. I noticed in the service menu the wheel and tire options are 19 tempest or 21 arachnid. Does not look like Tesla has added the track pack wheel and tire yet. Tesla also performed an alignment and left several values in the red. Not sure what that’s about but something to discuss when I take the truck over to get my stock parts. Overall, this experience took well over a month I would rate this 0/10. Would not recommend. My service manager made it very clear that the track packs do not get any sort of special treatment. They took several days to do the alignment and acknowledged that a 10 year old model S will be ahead of you in line. They are in no hurry to help a customer who spent good money on an optional upgrade.

They also said they cannot fix the vibration that happens around 30 mph. They acknowledge it is a problem and have no intentions of sorting it out. I was notified that they will let me know if a fix becomes available in the future.

The service manager acknowledged they were not prepared to do the track pack install. No one at the facility was trained and took their “lead tech” a month to do the install. It was clear that I was the guinea pig for this training experiment. I just wish they had been transparent at the beginning and said let us either get some training or send you to a different service center that is more qualified to perform the install. Tesla really should get their service up to par considering they are selling six-figure cars now. At the end of the day as an enthusiast, I still love the vehicle even more so now with the new brakes. It is a substantial improvement however for the lack of proper service and time it took Tesla to get me my brand new vehicle back I wonder if the lucid or turbo S wouldn’t have been a better choice.

Fingers are crossed these brakes hold up long-term. I am more than happy to provide any additional photos if anyone would like to see close-ups or details.
Finally someone with a lowered Plaid that has the track pack and the Zero G wheels installed. I am slated for this coming week in Vegas, apparently I am the first one in Nevada to get the pack. I swear this is the first one I have seen sitting properly with the Zero G wheels. I am calling it these are the best looking wheels on the Plaid period. You must be on lowering links, unless the software really altered the ride height? What is the biggest change you noticed? These wheels are only 5k, and come with 2k tires if you buy the Track pack. It also looks like the offset and fitment is perfect, no spacers or anything. I can throw my 20mm spacers in the trash now, the arachnids look horrible without spacers. OEM is always the way to go. Did they swap to the Pirelli's for you at extra cost? That service center should treat you like a VIP. I keep hearing of this half shaft vibration, and I have had 3 Plaids now. I guess I got lucky, but I can tell you the refresh Model S is so much better than the previous 21s and early 22s. No interior creaks, fit and finish is better and the Matrix headlights, and taillight revision, articulating screen, and steam is worth the upgrade.

Track pack is amazing.

Had mountain pass discs with unplugged pads previously and had serious overheats and brake fade. Didn’t even have an overheat warning with 35 degree heat.

3r tires are also insanely good.

The seats are the worst part of the car. It’s like sitting on a bench sliding around.

Way too much fun tho!

Ian

Ps. Had the same install delays and knuckle delays a lot of people had.

Track pack is amazing.

Had mountain pass discs with unplugged pads previously and had serious overheats and brake fade. Didn’t even have an overheat warning with 35 degree heat.

3r tires are also insanely good.

The seats are the worst part of the car. It’s like sitting on a bench sliding around.

Way too much fun tho!

Ian

Ps. Had the same install delays and knuckle delays a lot of people had.
Saw someone add Recaros today

Attachments

• IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: 1100MCM
Finally someone with a lowered Plaid that has the track pack and the Zero G wheels installed. I am slated for this coming week in Vegas, apparently I am the first one in Nevada to get the pack. I swear this is the first one I have seen sitting properly with the Zero G wheels. I am calling it these are the best looking wheels on the Plaid period. You must be on lowering links, unless the software really altered the ride height? What is the biggest change you noticed? These wheels are only 5k, and come with 2k tires if you buy the Track pack. It also looks like the offset and fitment is perfect, no spacers or anything. I can throw my 20mm spacers in the trash now, the arachnids look horrible without spacers. OEM is always the way to go. Did they swap to the Pirelli's for you at extra cost? That service center should treat you like a VIP. I keep hearing of this half shaft vibration, and I have had 3 Plaids now. I guess I got lucky, but I can tell you the refresh Model S is so much better than the previous 21s and early 22s. No interior creaks, fit and finish is better and the Matrix headlights, and taillight revision, articulating screen, and steam is worth the upgrade.

I agree. Some better treatment from the service center would be much appreciated. Stock height. However, I believe Tesla has the car sitting lower after the installation. The fitment is perfect. Tesla put the Perelli tires on for no additional charge. I will be listing the track tires for sale along with my 21 inch arachnid wheels. Very aggressive stance and throws rocks all over the side of the vehicle so I’ll be off to pay another nine grand for paint protection film soon. For anyone wondering the car tops out at 203. It has much more left in it, I felt the governor kicking in while doing a run. The brakes did a fantastic job, bringing the vehicle back down to a reasonable speed after the run.

Attachments

• IMG_1209.png
    IMG_1209.png
    1 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 136
I agree. Some better treatment from the service center would be much appreciated. Stock height. However, I believe Tesla has the car sitting lower after the installation. The fitment is perfect. Tesla put the Perelli tires on for no additional charge. I will be listing the track tires for sale along with my 21 inch arachnid wheels. Very aggressive stance and throws rocks all over the side of the vehicle so I’ll be off to pay another nine grand for paint protection film soon. For anyone wondering the car tops out at 203. It has much more left in it, I felt the governor kicking in while doing a run. The brakes did a fantastic job, bringing the vehicle back down to a reasonable speed after the run.
203!!! You got balls of steel LOL

Just got my car back.
Had to pick up after center closed and they didn’t put old wheels and brakes back in car… hopefully they still have them.

Secondly the rear wheel gap seems huge now. Car looks lifted and even on low setting. May go back to stock wheels (if they still have mine!)

Just got my car back.
Had to pick up after center closed and they didn’t put old wheels and brakes back in car… hopefully they still have them.

Secondly the rear wheel gap seems huge now. Car looks lifted and even on low setting. May go back to stock wheels (if they still have mine!)
Did they do an alignment and reset all height values. If you had links this makes your links at the length set the same height as having no links.

Just got notified my track package install is complete and the car is ready for pickup! It took almost a full week to get it installed, address a squeaky seat, and install the steam computer upgrade. This included knuckle replacements, burnishing procedure and 4 wheel alignment. The SC said they were short staffed and that was the delay.

Because I'm on the OG branch of fsd beta (2023.7.20 v11.4.4), it doesn't include the latest track package software but they did say the speed unlock is complete. I guess I'll have to wait for that branch of fsd beta to be updated to include the newer software with track package updates. My only other option was to have them install the latest software but they said I would lose fsd beta. I'm guessing that means I'd have to opt back in and it could take a while to get that. For now I'll just stick with the software I have and wait. Anyone else in that same scenario?

I noticed the app picture of the car looks updated with bigger rotors and red calipers in the image.

Reactions: NeuroRad
View attachment 967433
This is on medium height
Just got notified my track package install is complete and the car is ready for pickup! It took almost a full week to get it installed, address a squeaky seat, and install the steam computer upgrade. This included knuckle replacements, burnishing procedure and 4 wheel alignment. The SC said they were short staffed and that was the delay.

Because I'm on the OG branch of fsd beta (2023.7.20 v11.4.4), it doesn't include the latest track package software but they did say the speed unlock is complete. I guess I'll have to wait for that branch of fsd beta to be updated to include the newer software with track package updates. My only other option was to have them install the latest software but they said I would lose fsd beta. I'm guessing that means I'd have to opt back in and it could take a while to get that. For now I'll just stick with the software I have and wait. Anyone else in that same scenario?

I noticed the app picture of the car looks updated with bigger rotors and red calipers in the image.
I am in the same scenario with FSD beta, lacking the newest track pack touchscreen and instrument cluster graphics and features. You can verify that the top speed unlock was performed by checking your additional vehicle information under service and making sure the brake package shows Carbon ceramic versus base.

I am in the same scenario with FSD beta, lacking the newest track pack touchscreen and instrument cluster graphics and features. You can verify that the top speed unlock was performed by checking your additional vehicle information under service and making sure the brake package shows Carbon ceramic versus base.
Yep that was the first thing I checked and the SC said staying on my version and waiting for the update is no problem at all.

The brake pedal feel is definitely different than stock and much more firm. Good bite when you get in to them. I'm glad my install went smooth even though it took about a week.

New alignment printout looks good and the car tracks straight. Now I'm just waiting for my lightweight 20" forged wheels and tires to arrive.

So what’s the longest someone has waited to have their track package installed before cancelling? I’m at three months now.

Supposedly my SC is only waiting on one more rim now, after having received about ten wheels with seven of them damaged because Tesla is literally shipping them in a cardboard box with zero protection. And still there is no ETA on getting this one rim, and of course no guarantee that it won’t be damaged in shipment.

I’ve offered to have the rims repaired for a credit. But they’re not interested, just keep kicking the can down the road. Honestly seems like they don’t want to do the install. This would be their first one. So I’m for sure not confident about the install if we ever even get to that point.

Idk.. honestly just sitting with my finger hovering on the cancel order button at this point. Anybody have trouble getting a refund on a track package?

Last edited:
All I can say is it is worth the hassle in the end. I went to order the first day and for some reason it showed out of stock for me while everyone around was able to order theirs. Then finally they were out of stock and I still couldn't order. I was about to just say screw it and move on as I had no idea when they might be available again.

Then some feedback started to roll in and I was kicking myself I didn't try harder to order the first time. The time started to drag on and no more in stock. Did I really want to bother with it, especially since I hadn't heard anyone had them installed at my local SC. I wasn't so sure I wanted to be the guinea pig locally.

When I'd just about totally written them off, they popped back up in stock and I pounced on them. Then the waiting began again. Kept waiting for my times to get bumped out like everyone else. Then my bump came, but unlike everyone else, they were moving my date in. I was shocked and happy but even more concerned I would 100% be the first sucker locally.

Then they didn't want to do the install with my aftermarket wheels. So I had to source a set of arachnids. I didn't want to buy a set as I didn't need them other than to get the install done. So I reached out to total strangers to see if they would somehow let me use their arachnids so I could get my install finished. Then found out my aftermarket wheels wouldn't work and had to order another set.

I was the first one at my SC. They put their best tech on it. They did a great install and managed everything to a T and I had good communication with the team lead. They took their time and did it right including burnishing the brakes.

My wheels are finally in, but my TPMS sensors are somewhere in transit as are my lugs. The hurricane impact in California screwed up a lot of shipments, mine included. To say it has been a rollercoaster ride is an understatement. I'd still do it all over again. The brakes just really complete the car.

So hang in there, it will get better and 2 months from now you'll still have the smile on your face when you walk out to the car and see how awesome the look and know they work even better.

All I can say is it is worth the hassle in the end. I went to order the first day and for some reason it showed out of stock for me while everyone around was able to order theirs. Then finally they were out of stock and I still couldn't order. I was about to just say screw it and move on as I had no idea when they might be available again.

Then some feedback started to roll in and I was kicking myself I didn't try harder to order the first time. The time started to drag on and no more in stock. Did I really want to bother with it, especially since I hadn't heard anyone had them installed at my local SC. I wasn't so sure I wanted to be the guinea pig locally.

When I'd just about totally written them off, they popped back up in stock and I pounced on them. Then the waiting began again. Kept waiting for my times to get bumped out like everyone else. Then my bump came, but unlike everyone else, they were moving my date in. I was shocked and happy but even more concerned I would 100% be the first sucker locally.

Then they didn't want to do the install with my aftermarket wheels. So I had to source a set of arachnids. I didn't want to buy a set as I didn't need them other than to get the install done. So I reached out to total strangers to see if they would somehow let me use their arachnids so I could get my install finished. Then found out my aftermarket wheels wouldn't work and had to order another set.

I was the first one at my SC. They put their best tech on it. They did a great install and managed everything to a T and I had good communication with the team lead. They took their time and did it right including burnishing the brakes.

My wheels are finally in, but my TPMS sensors are somewhere in transit as are my lugs. The hurricane impact in California screwed up a lot of shipments, mine included. To say it has been a rollercoaster ride is an understatement. I'd still do it all over again. The brakes just really complete the car.

So hang in there, it will get better and 2 months from now you'll still have the smile on your face when you walk out to the car and see how awesome the look and know they work even better.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I’ve followed your story here, and I’m certainly glad you‘re able to enjoy your upgrade!

I was able to order within minutes on day one, so it’s been quite frustrating for me for a while now. I’ve literally have no idea how many reschedules and different excuses it’s been. And I realized today that even if it was all installed perfectly tomorrow, I just don’t think I care at this point? The excitement and wow factor is completely gone with all of this bs and frustration. I’ve seen a couple of people talking about cancelling and trying to get a refund, but just not sure how difficult that process was for them If they actually went through with it. So mostly trying to decide if I can get rid of this frustrating problem by cancelling or not?