Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid vs Plaid +vs Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if members can say why they chose the the Plaid + over Plaid? Not sure about performance gains if they can ever be realized on normal driving. The fact that the gain from 350 to 520 miles for the plus is really nice is it worth $30K more? The fact that it is 0-60mph in 2 secs on street driving is needed? Is either worth that much more than a 2020 MSP Raven on normal driving? I will say for family the rear screens are quite the bonus thou.

I ordered plaid on battery day. When the actual plaid was introduced months later my order (and I suspect others from battery day) was listed as plaid+. I decided to keep it that way because of the 520 mile range promised for plaid+. If delivery shifts too deep into 22 or beyond 22 there might be an EQS580 or EQS AMG in my future.

Edit - Now that's curious.. The plaid plus order button is grayed out in Tesla's website, which I confirmed after seeing a report in the press. The reason they have stopped taking orders is supposedly the long lead-time. But the curious thing is that you can still put down a deposit on a next-generation roadster, whose lead-time is half way to never. And long lead-times haven't stopped building a huge backlog for the cybertruck. Very odd.

Last edited: