Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S purchase in a country without Tesla store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sanny

Jul 7, 2013
US
I tried to find an answer but couldn't. Is it possible to order Model S to Russia or other country with no tesla store? For example is it possible to order a car through Germany?
Will the warranty and service still be possible somewhere in EU?
What about 3G coverage and updates?
I read a story about a guy in Latvia who imported his MS from USA and had all kind of problems - did it change since official EU service centers opened?

I tried to find an answer but couldn't. Is it possible to order Model S to Russia or other country with no tesla store? For example is it possible to order a car through Germany?
I read a story about a guy in Latvia who imported his MS from USA and had all kind of problems - did it change since official EU service centers opened?

I've ordered a Model S and I live in Estonia so it's within EU, but outside of Tesla core market. Tesla fully supports that, but as far as I know they don't support selling to outside of EU (i.e. a guy from Turkey tried to call them and they said that he'd lose warranty the moment he crossed the border to Turkey with it). Throughout the EU the 3G should work fine, that's what I've been told. And at least in Estonia the ranger service is available though up until now they still have no clue what it'd cost :)

I tried to find an answer but couldn't. Is it possible to order Model S to Russia or other country with no tesla store?
Yes, it is possible. Tilburg, Netherlands is populart city to order Tesla S to Russia
yes
There is good 3G coverage in Russia, and also we can download updates by wi-fi