Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Rear Cup Holder and USB Charger retrofit parts - $350 plus S&H

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the rear cup holder, USB charger ports console, and frame to retro fit your Tesla Model S or Model X.
This includes the USB hub and WiFi module.
I purchased this for my 2012 Gen 1 Model S Signature (very early mfg date), and my HVAC plenum is a different style and would not work.

Looking for $350 (what I paid) as these are hard to come by, but will listen to offers.
Buyer to confirm their own applicability.
More pics are available - I could only get 2 to upload.

The following links are for reference to applicability and installation purposes:
How to disassemble: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0196/5170/files/PARZ_instructions_final.pdf
Tesla install instructions: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10081841-5448.pdf
A 2015 owners experience: Integrated Center Console Install
Model S options by year: Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Attachments

• Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Tesla8.jpg
    Tesla8.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: ICE collector
Will this fit all center consoles or only specific years? I know that newer cars have a slightly different version of center console where the insert is built into the outer frame but I think maybe the rear panel is still the same?

Last edited:
The Tesla SB says "Affected Model S vehicles built before approximately April 11, 2016"

To the OP, what is the wifi module's purpose/function?
Sorry folks, I have been away for a bit.
Th WiFi model/hub:
To the best of my knowledge, the WiFi aspect was some kind of "future-proofing" that Tesla never acted on. Basically a WiFi zone in the car like other Mfgrs have.
The hub part is for the power distribution to all 4 usb ports, 2 in back, 2 in front

I would say the instructions are for a retrofit. These parts look to be pulled from a Newer car so in theory should fit all Tesla Model S. Instructions are just specific to the retrofit since the 2012-2016 did not come with the rear cupholder as an option.

Last edited:
Still a bit of a newbie here and how to use the functions.
So I am not sure if I can cancel this For Sale post?
With the help of another member, we are both trading knowledge and strategies to retrofit the factory of newer MS USB/Cupholders into our older MSs.

So I am not selling this - as I have a new approach and parts (from Tesla no less, & at only $2.00) to perform the installation.

Still a bit of a newbie here and how to use the functions.
So I am not sure if I can cancel this For Sale post?
With the help of another member, we are both trading knowledge and strategies to retrofit the factory of newer MS USB/Cupholders into our older MSs.

So I am not selling this - as I have a new approach and parts (from Tesla no less, & at only $2.00) to perform the installation.
Perhaps click "report" and see if a mod will mark it sold for you since they don't let us edit our own marketplace posts for some useless reason.

Also, make sure you create a new thread in the Tesla Model S Interior subforum of your experience if you get it worked out. I'm interested in doing this mod but want a clear pathway to complete it before I take it on. I've got enough on my plate right now with other things that I'm not trying to pioneer new modifications.