Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t believe there are no mud flaps available for this car. Bought these from Amazon and cut them up: Amazon.com

VHB tape on top and stock clip didn’t work but I found some Honda ones laying around that worked.

Attachments

• B443065C-780B-4D2C-81BC-51DAE38F329B.jpeg
    B443065C-780B-4D2C-81BC-51DAE38F329B.jpeg
    797.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 6BF19497-2B43-46C6-8A8A-39D67D587695.jpeg
    6BF19497-2B43-46C6-8A8A-39D67D587695.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 675DC625-749B-4DAB-ACF9-FA7B2CDA97B0.jpeg
    675DC625-749B-4DAB-ACF9-FA7B2CDA97B0.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: zoomer0056
Hey guys, just wanted to update this thread. Since nobody seems to make nice rock guards anymore, I took it upon myself to cut my own, shape them, and put my VT twist on em. I have sent a prototype to my manufacturer in California for mass production, so should have pricing ready soon for these

PROS:
NO Drilling
Uses double sided tape and factory push pin location
Matte Carbon wrap on body side / Textured ABS Plastic on Wheel Side

My set is 1/8" ABS Plastic, but the production version will be 1/16" (easier to bend to the body of the car):

Untitled by Toad, on Flickr

Untitled y Toad, on Flickr

The curves of the rock guards go great with the body/shape of the car, and are VERY easy on the eyes (unlike most rock guards/flaps I've seen).

Hey guys, just wanted to update this thread. Since nobody seems to make nice rock guards anymore, I took it upon myself to cut my own, shape them, and put my VT twist on em. I have sent a prototype to my manufacturer in California for mass production, so should have pricing ready soon for these

PROS:
NO Drilling

My set is 1/8" ABS Plastic, but the production version will be 1/16" (easier to bend to the body of the car):

The curves of the rock guards go great with the body/shape of the car, and are VERY easy on the eyes (unlike most rock guards/flaps I've seen).
Nice, I'd love a set. Let me know how much. Seems like the other flaps by @M4H4X may be dead. He's been MIA a while now.

PROS:
NO Drilling

Not liking the curves. Rather have the protection

Not liking the curves. Rather have the protection
I agree. They look nice but they need to block crap shooting up from the tire. You can round/shape that corner but I think it’s a bit aggressive and should come out to the corner more. Since it’s behind the tire I don’t think it impacts range. Negligible change in range on Model 3 or X with mudflaps that had a more square shape. I got the molded Chinese ones on both 3 and X.

These do look better than Tsportline CF ones that are a joke. These look like they would provide some protection. But not enough for some of us. Nobody really wants to put mudflaps, they do it for protection.

Reactions: jebinc
I agree. They look nice but they need to block crap shooting up from the tire. You can round/shape that corner but I think it’s a bit aggressive and should come out to the corner more. Since it’s behind the tire I don’t think it impacts range. Negligible change in range on Model 3 or X with mudflaps that had a more square shape. I got the molded Chinese ones on both 3 and X.

These do look better than Tsportline CF ones that are a joke. These look like they would provide some protection. But not enough for some of us. Nobody really wants to put mudflaps, they do it for protection.
EXACTLY

To each their own, I'm good on the Rally armor / truck style square mud flaps lol, this isn't a WRX or offroad car.
I don’t care for the Rally armor look either.

That’s why I like the molded type. They can get away with being more square without the truck style look.

Here are the “square” molded type on my X and you barely notice they are there.

One positive about MSM (and black, maybe blue too) is the mudflaps don’t scream at you. The black plastic on X/Y help too.

51982337779_df318d8264_b_d.jpg

51982139598_bf7feebf6f_b_d.jpg

PROS:
NO Drilling

The curves of the rock guards go great with the body/shape of the car, and are VERY easy on the eyes (unlike most rock guards/flaps I've seen)
I Definitely need those