Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S road sightings in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seeing Tesla's almost daily now, sometimes 2 per days! And different ones, not the same 1-2 I saw initially. So far all on HK side. I'm not posting or taking pictures anymore, because it is happening too frequently! Although last week Wednesday morning at 10AM I was behind a black Tesla going through the cross harbour tunnel in the left lane. I took a pic but it wasn't a safe driving technique so I decided to not bother.

I love seeing all these Teslas on the road!!

Monday morning walking up from my run on Bowen road the traffic going down Stubbs road was literally a stand still. The cars were backed up all the way up, and for several minutes not a single a car moved an inch. And there was a Tesla in White waiting amongst the ICE, and I was thinking, "That Tesla owner probably feels pretty good his idling for the last 10 minutes isn't clouding up the day like the other hundreds of cars ahead and behind him." :smile:

@ Oxford House Car Park

2014-10-09%2B14.00.55.jpg

2014-10-09%2B14.02.02.jpg

2014-10-09%2B14.02.21.jpg

Sorry Leaf, you just ain't cool enough.

So, Saturday I saw no less than 5 Model S in a 30 minute period, driving from Jardine's Lookout, down Wong Nai Chung Gap Road, up Peak Road / Magazine Gap Road, down Bowen Road, Kennedy Road and up onto the Expressway to the Eastern Tunnel. 2 grey, followed by a black, then a white, and topped off with a red. Nice to see so many new Teslas out and about, stretching their legs at the weekend. They all looked equally terrific!

Volta.

These are not sightings but REALLY COOL NEWS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend I went to visit in London and his family is into cars. They have an Aston Martin and a couple other nice cars. They went shopping for a luxury car a few months ago and it was down to 2 cars, a Mercedes (dont remember the model) and the Tesla! They LOVED the Tesla! The only thing is it was missing some of the luxury features and the seats didn't have as nice a feel to it compared to the Mercedes which was pretty much the similar price range and it is a fairly expensive car, so they opted the Mercedes.

The reason I think this is very interesting is because this family was not EV friendly or environmentally conscious or anything like that. They are simple luxury car drivers and I'm pretty impressed Tesla came down as the semi-finalist in their decision. They still speak fondly about the car.

The second news for me is my uncle in California just went on Facebook to say he bought the new Tesla! He loves sports cars and so I was thrilled to hear it! I asked him if he got the P85D and he said, YES! 700hp and 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, he said he couldn't resist! Again he loves sports cars and luxury cars, he's a doctor and I remember in the 80's when I was a kid he drove us around in some little sports car and it had one of those giant block shaped phones. He was the first person I ever met with a mobile phone. Again he's not an EV fan or environment fan, he's just a sports car lover.

I just think it's so cool that people who love sports cars and luxury cars are getting turned onto the Telsa, and it shows me there is a mainstream appeal to this car that goes beyond being a fan of EV technology.

In my run on BOWEN road today, saw TWO Model S's coming down Wang Na Chung Gap road. One white one passed adventist hospital, the other was a beautiful burgundy color (signature?) coming down Wang Na Chung Gap.

Amazing seeing 2 Teslas' within 1 hour of each other. 1 in the beginning of my run and 1 at the end.

8 AM this morning I followed a white Model S, either 65 or 85, none P, with Pano roof, through the Western Tunnel on the way in to Central (in my battered old Merc.; shortly to be e-upgraded :biggrin:). Looked very swish indeed. Many congratulations SW****.

Volta.

Last edited:
We need to make gatherings like these, where we end up in a very congested place (people, not cars). Somewhere with a lot of throughput of people, like of the segment that are likely to have a car, or likely to get one.Can't really think of where there are a lot of people, yet room to gather a group of Model S cars.